Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tipemup

KELLY DUDLEY?????

5 posts in this topic

wonderin if anyone has been out to kelly dudley yet this year to do some northern fishin? thinkin about headin out there today with the girl friend but thought i should see if its going to be worth my while and to be able to keep her occupied.. any info? crazy.gif

There have been people out here since first Ice. I am assuming alot of pike is coming through the ice looking at where their shacks are. I do not ice fish, so I can't tell you whats biting.

You can definitely keep her occupied out here with the gills n sunnies, though they are stunted, a few keep crappies do come out.

You can catch plenty of pike on tip ups here, although in several years I have only seen 1 pike over 30" come out of the lake. It has special regs to release all pike under 30. Sunnies will bite on waxies, most are small. I have caught some nice crappies (10-12") but few in number have size...used minnows for them.

you catch pike all day long there most are 15" to 29" and since you can only keep 30" and up you dont usually keep too many, i did catch a 43" ladt summer out of there, so there are big ones just not too many. if you like bullhead, just lay almost anything on the bottom and catch those all day too.

Also the DNR netted 2 long nose gar. that'd be fun through the ice.

43"? That must be the one I see swimming past my sucker minnows all the time. I know there are a few 40+ers in there. Just have to weed out the hammer handles.