Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishFearMe6969

Walleyes How Deep?

9 posts in this topic

Ive been fisin eyeballs quite abit recently but cant pin point a solid general depth? im wondering what all u people think would be a good depth to set up in for the night? Im sittin on a real good proven walleye lake but cant catch more that 1 or 2 a night!!! any ideas???

It depends on the weed growth or where the structure is at. I always try to find those things in 16-23 FOW.

Thanks Teyes i have been fishin off a steep break in 15 feet of water and they only seem to come in for a couple of minutes but maby this time i will try a lil deeper!

Thanks Lance

15-20 feet works the best for me at night. During the day I fish in 25-35.

day vs. night....

night bite is better but how much better?

Fishing for walleyes is what I love to do during both hard and soft seasons. Believe me - I'm not an expert, but I've had those eyes bite my line mostly during the early mornings from 4 a.m. - 8 a.m. and from 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. so if you look at it - there's an approximate 4 hour window to wait or be mobile during these times of the day. Hey - don't take my word though because what I say is based on my personal experience and it may or may not work for you. Good luck and stay warm!

I'll go with night, caus I hate getting up in the morning.

Originally Posted By: TrophyEyes
It depends on the weed growth or where the structure is at. I always try to find those things in 16-23 FOW.

Thats what I have always based my fish off of. At sunset fish outside the weedline.

Originally Posted By: FishFearMe6969
Thanks Teyes i have been fishin off a steep break in 15 feet of water and they only seem to come in for a couple of minutes but maby this time i will try a lil deeper!

Thanks Lance

Yeah, I would vary the depth then. Maybe start out deeper and work your way up as the sun sets. If they're only there for a few minutes they could even be on their way up to shallower water? At least you know they're there...