Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Midwinter’s Fly Fishing Workshop

2 posts in this topic

Presented by the Lee & Rose Warner Nature Center

In Collaboration with:

The Lew Jewett Chapter of the Federation of Fly Fishers and

The St. Paul Fly Tiers Club

Spend a morning in the unique setting of the Warner Nature Center sharing and learning about fly fishing, fly tying, insects and fish.

The Lee and Rose Warner Nature Center

(North of Stillwater)

15375 Norell Avenue North

Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047

9:00 AM until 12:00 PM Saturday, January 26, 2008

• Continuous fly tying demonstrations throughout the morning by some of the areas finest fly tiers. You can even try tying a fly yourself.

• Fly tying and fly fishing equipment displays, and some exlpainations and advice on what might work best for you.

• An exhibit of live stream insects that flies are designed to imitate.

• Have a cup of coffee, some treats and share in some great conversation.

• Watch a fly fishing or fly tying video

• You will also have a chance to win a door prize

Anyone interested in fly-fishing or fly tying, particularly those thinking about taking up the sport should attend. This will be a family event with something for young and old alike. There will also be youth demonstrators.

Suggested donations are $5.00 for adults & $2.00 for youth under 15. No pre-registration is required.

You can visit the web site ( for a map and directions, or call them at 651-433-2427.

Bump. This event is this coming saturday.