• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What Lake this week?

Whats the lake to be on? I just moved up here and fished southern MN my whole life. Went to Ringo...nothing, had a rock on and bent my hook, but we've all heard those stories...so after the dead sea there, I moved the house to Green. Where's the best place to have a house on this glacial lake? DEEP! HELP. Looks like I need a GPS? Any insight would be great.

Got that figured out...Seem to be plenty of Crappie and Sunnies.. where are the Eye's at? Seem to be a lot of 30' holes!! Gonna take my graph out and search the high seas.

if you like green lake try fishing the rocks off of indian beach harbor, did well out there last year. Stay a little later than the people around you it could pay off

First I'd say stop at one of the bait shops and pick up the lake master lake map. If you have a gps the spots they put on the map are a good start for eye's. We caught a few last night, but I can tell you the eye's are coming looking and leaving. Can't pop the jig to hard or they leave right away. I'm heading out again to night with the portable to look for some of them again. If you in the area to stay I'd say join the Little Crow Anglers group ($10 bucks a year) they are a great bunch and will give you lots of tips. The common spots on Green will produce eye's, but it's the small honey holes that aren't on the maps that are key, but it's hard to give up those spots as I'm sure you know. Good luck fishing

• 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately Carolyn learning a new lake in the winter can be a real chore and green can be very difficult at times. I would stick with one of the smaller lakes such as nest or florida (especially if the kids are with).

Green is a great lake, I hit it all the time during the open water period. There is a fantastic crankbait bite for walleyes on that lake.

Oh by the way, nice webpage too! Nav

fishing girl,

i am also new to the area, can't help you out much with the hardwater bite, but

will give any insight to open water action. i am going to fish nest and green this season and will keep you updated. just had a little critter of my own and wow

what a life change.