Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Jaspernuts

Thought I would start a new thread for everyone to post their success this weekend. Include as much or as little info as you want! Yesterday was a bust so tried a new lake today for some tip-up action with the family down from the cities. IMG_1304.jpgIMG_1309.jpg Caught this 5-6lb pike and my wife got the biggest bass of her life, over 4 lbs! Also caught many small hammerhandles and 2 more 2lb pike that will go home with mom to get pickled. Had many flags today (over 20) but had a hard time hooking fish -they were hitting the bait but not taking it.

BK19

got a few crappies and sunny at washington today, the son saw lots of bass and northerns but none to bite had fun though had my new fl20 out for thew fist time what a blast

eric29

Went out in the morning and it was very slow. Marked alot of but when i put my jig and waxi down, i found out that it was a bunch of 3 inch perch. Then i put my dead stick back down. For the night bite i caught 3 walleyes- nothin to show off though. Overall it was a very slow bite

jigging-matt

Took my Father-in-Law out to Clear Lake in Waseca for a few hours this morning. Nothing spectacular. A few nice size sunnies and lots of small stuff. Headed to Waubay this weekend for some perch. grin.gif

HDRIDER02

Was to ST JAMES on Sat. for a couple of hours just to get out of the house. Been laid up. Caught some sunnies. First time useing new Vexlar.Marked alot of targets but slow on the bite.

Scott Stein

went to Duck lake on sun had some luck. Caught some pretty nice crappie and sunfish and a few small perch

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick
      Try cross-country skiing, fat biking and more
      Winter may have gotten off to an especially cold start in 2018, but there are plenty of ways to enjoy what’s left of it. For an introduction to snow sports, stop by the annual Winter Trails Day extravaganza at Fort Snelling State Park on Saturday, Jan. 20, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Adults and kids can try cross-country skiing, snow shoeing, fat biking, ice fishing, quinzee (snow shelter) building and archery. Other activities will include ice harvesting, storytelling and an ice globe demonstration. Guided nature hikes will also take place every half hour, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Between activities, visitors can enjoy hot cocoa around a crackling bonfire. Activities will be set up near the beach area. “Winter Trails Day is about helping people warm up to winter,” said Kelli Bruns, park manager at Fort Snelling State Park. “The cold weather months are more fun when you find an activity you can enjoy alone or with others.” This year, for the first time, sign-language interpreters will be on hand to help make the day’s activities more accessible to those with hearing disabilities. Stop by the registration tent for more information. Winter Trails Day is made possible through the collaborative efforts of the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, the National Park Service, retail co-op REI, the U.S. Forest Service and Mississippi Park Connection. Use of skis, snowshoes, fat bikes and other equipment will be free, but a vehicle permit is required to enter Minnesota state parks and recreation areas ($7 for a one-day permit or $35 for a year-round permit). Save time, get vehicle permit in advance
      Although permits are available at the park, people attending Winter Trails Day can avoid waiting in line by getting their permit in advance. Visit www.mndnr.gov/reservations, log in (or create an account), click on “entry permit,” select a duration of “one-day” ($7) or “year-round” ($35), and continue as directed. You’ll receive an email with a permit that can be printed and displayed in your vehicle during your visit. For more information, call the park at 612-725-2724 or visit the Fort Snelling State Park Web page at www.mndnr.gov. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Parmer
      Call the bait shop in Perham... They will be more than helpful... One of the best lakes I have ice fished besides LOW
    • Mike89
      good luck and welcome!!!
    • Jesse D
      I live in Fridley Minnesota. I'm looking for a decent Lake to take my five-year-old fishing on tomorrow. Any recommendations would be great. Thank you
    • mrpike1973
      Hawg did K Drill change the K Drill Pitch?
    • Rather_B_Fishing
      Are folks driving trucks out on Blue and/or Green yet? How thick is the ice now? Thanks.
    • Rather_B_Fishing
      How thick is the ice on Blue now? Are people driving trucks out now? Same questions for Green lake.
    • Hawg
      I’m not sure what all augers the clam extension fits. I know it fits ion because that’s what I use.. These things go right inside your drill and are adjustable from approximately 6 inches up to probably 14 to 16 inches, they work great. Take a look at them next time you see them in the store to see if they fit your auger. Mine stays on it all the time.
    • blackswanadventures
      I am also going to get a insulated lunch bag for the Ion x that should be coming today thanks for the tip! i was thinking that was the ticket anyways, its good to see others on the same page
    • blackswanadventures
      How about giving advice instead of telling others just to stay off? lets be more encouraging 
  • Share & Have Fun