Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle Sandberg

Toyota Sequia Tailgate handle?

8 posts in this topic

Well, the handle or latch thinging to our 2004 Toyota broke today as we were sitting out on the ice at 3:30 in the morning. We have it schedualed to be repaired on Monday but is there a way to open it and get our fish houses out of hte back. It really sucks having to site outside when you so used to a shack. Thanks for any help guys.

K Dawg

BTW, I already tried a coat hanger, that didn't work.

Unless you can remove the inner panel to see what part is not doing what it suppose to do that you are likely S.O.L.! Those panels do not typically like to come out with the doors closed.

Yea. I figured that. Then theres the problem getting inside because the fish house is there. Oh well. Guess I'll just wait until monday to get the dang thing out. Thanks airjer.

KDawg,

That is a sucky circumstance. We just broke ours on our 04 Sequoia this winter too, haven't had it fixed yet but it really sucks to only be able to use the window. I need to get it fixed THIS week! Your situation sounds like way more of a hassle, sorry.

Walleyedan

Great, my wife has an 03 sequoia, it is only a matter of time until it breaks off! Airjer, is this common on these? I have heard that the under side of the back door likes to rust out.

I have not run into this yet on a Sequoia.

We got it fixed today. Only a two hour fix time. Costs us 400 bucks. Tuff luck.

sparkyaber, if you start to notice the handle is become loose or it's becoming tuff to open, feels like the peice is stretching, thats when you'll have to watch out. It started to happen last winter when it got realll cold and know it broke so it held out for awhile.

The only problem they have with this is the part is made of plastic so I can see it becoming real brittle during the cold winter months. I'd just say becarful wiht it and don't ream on it.

Walleyedan, sorry to hear about your problem too.

Sound off.

Thanks Dawg!