• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice conditions on burntside

I was just wondering if anyone checked the ice latly I am heading up in the morning wanted to make sure I was prepared.

Check out the forum further down the page "Great Outdoors?"

There is discussion on the ice conditions on Burntside. Sounds like it is highly variable, 3 to 10 inches.

Another option would be Snowbank. Smitty's has a road plowed out onto the lake.

Lungbuster, looks like you're heading up Sunday, so hopefully this finds you in time.

Ice today on all the main lake locations I fished was 10-12 inches and good and hard, even though some was milky. There was slush in quite a few locations, though not in most main lake spots by any means.

The worst slush conditions I found were like this: Two inches of powder over two inches of packed snow and then an inch or two of hard crust, with at the most four inches of slush, then 10-12 inches of ice. I had no trouble powering through those spots with my sled.

I'm sure sheltered bays are somewhat worse off, but main lake locations, which is where the majority of the laker crowd go, are generally very good, with a few spots as bad as what I mentioned above.

Hey steve did you fish at all or were just driving around the whole time. Hope you got some.

Hey Guys I did go up on sunday the only thing i caught was a smelt but I will be there for the bash cant wait. Do you think the ice will be thick enough to drivr on I have an older S10 blazer

I'd give it another week or two.

This may be a year that no vehicle travel will be safe on Burntside??

At least all over the lake.

lungbuster, check out that burntside bash final details post. It's got an updated ice report.

I bumped this to the top because I just updated the Bside ice report in the final bash details thread. Likely it'll be the last update before the Bash next weekend.