Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyedan

Walleyedan's Report

6 posts in this topic

It was a good week of weather and fishing. We fished Gull and North Long and both were good, it sure is nice to be able to fish outside again. It sounds like the weather will be changing and that is good for ice making. The walleyes that we caught on Gull were in 29-31 feet, we also caught some big perch (for Gull Lake). North Long was fun because of the mixed bagged, we didn't know what was going to come up through the hole. I had the Pillager High School Outdoor Adventures class out on Wednesday afternoon and we had a great time. We caught some northerns and walleyes and one of the students (Rachel) caught a 26 inch walleye on a tip-up. The fish over there were caught in 12-15 feet. Yesterday was another mixed bag day where we had some walleyes, northerns, a bass, crappies and perch. We are starting to plan for the Extravaganza and will run some type of specials at our new shop in Nisswa (just west of Holiday gas station and across from the water slide). Make sure to stop by when you are up in our neck of the woods.

Have a nice weekend,

Walleyedan

Thanks Dan, I have been finding some nice (for Gull) perch as well on top of some mid lake humps, with some walleyes moving in to those areas around the golden hour.

Saw your pic in this months WalleyeInsider, were you a part of that study as well?

Take care.

Crumpler,

I haven't seen the magazine yet, not sure what study it was.

I'll have to pick it up tomorrow.

Walleyedan

It was a study that showed how much better walleye anglers on central Minnesota waters fared when fishing with a guide. Real interesting numbers from Gull, North Long, Pelican, Round, and Edward. The reference is cited in the article.

I like to fish with a guide or two each summer to learn a few new things and simply relax a little more than my normal day trip on the water. I "guide" my three kids on nearly every trip to the lake - great time, but not sure relaxing is the right word there.

Anyway, IMHO, Guides out-produce for four big reasons.

1) Identifying the best spot on the spots

(location within location).

2) Being on the lakes everyday is a big plus - patterns!

2) Top Shelf Electronics

3) Boat Control!!!!!!!

guide or average Joe, if you can keep your boat over

the fish you will catch more fish

Dan, you couldn't have been part of the survey for Walleye Insider even though your picture was in the magazine. According to the survey, it said all the guides surveyed out fished their clients. Whenever Jeff and I are with you, you always allow us to catch the most fish. If we start catching too many you won't put anymore minnows on our line and won't net our fish anymore.

Good Luck next weekend and hopefully you win some Arctic Armour - I really like mine,

Glenn