Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roughneck17SC

Lake roulette for the Weekend

8 posts in this topic

Any goos word on where the ball will land for finding fish theis weekend?

Heard ramblings of Elizabeth and Diamond though appears the info is 2 weeks late.....

Rambling of Washington for crappies and the occasional keeper walleye (stress keeper 14+ not the cigars)

Nothing from Belle except the 13lbs in the hutch paper and the Outdoor News this week.

Possibly a report from Green Leaf for crappies though i'm not sire the crappies will be any larger than the monster 8" on Belle.....

Feel free to throw out any rumors!!!

Your guess is as good as mine at this point. My spot dried up and I think it's time to move....either to another lake or different structure. Dog days of winter may have just reared their ugly head, but still a decent weekend left before the cold comes next week. Time to hit it.

Go out and find your own honey hole and forget the crowds. Several "no-name" lakes are being fished with the occasional walleye and numerous crappie's being taken. The lakes I'm talking about are the one's where you drive by it every day, it's 40 acres big and no one ever fishes it. Nearly every lake, pond and slough is registered on the DNR's website with most having DNR maps of the lake, the latest net survey's and the most recent stocking efforts. It's free information that your license fees are paying for, why not take advantage of it?

Just recently hit one of these no name lakes that ppl drive by alot and nailed the crappies. for 6 guys going out got our limit in 20 minutes and left. thats how these lakes work. no fish houses crowding around you. them ppl hit it once or twice and leave it. others say something on here and we have ppl from the cities out here and 300 houses around us.

Amen brotha!

Went against my better judgement and stayed on Belle overnight Saturday. Monster 8" crappies...... and that was it except a 14" bass. So needless to say, the other lakes in the area are looking quite appealing.

Ventured out across Washington (still not so sure it was a great idea). Started on the west driveway/landing and drove East from there. FYI, that landing is terribly rough and a bit slick.

Went across the large part of the lake following a truck and wheel house track...... not a huge fan of the ice on Washington so I am leery of dragging the wheelhouse behind and heading across the lake.

Any ice reports from on Washington?

Last time I was up there I hit some slush pockets and what I believe to be a small heave. blush.gif My ATV rode up a slight incline and then back down into slush and I immediately hit the throttle. Never saw it until I was on top. Made the heart jump into my throat for a second or two! That spot wasn't there just two days prior, but apparently one pops in about the same spot every year that I did not know about. I looked back and it wasn't obvious it was there at all. I just felt the ATV rise up a little and then back down almost like you were going over a decent sized, rounded snow drift....not a sharp upheave or anything that you can see.

A ways out from the west driveway there was a decent heave on Sunday. People had been driving across so of course I did too. I, like you, hit the gas on my truck just to make myself feel better.