• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Watab Trip!!

evinrudespeed

Thanks to the few guys who responded to my last posting...I'll definately try those tips. Less than a week I'll be trout/walleye hunting on Big Watab in St. Joes, MN!!

Has anyone been out there lately? This will be my first trip in about 6-7 years...does it get busy because of the trout opener?

Any info would be appreciated, and I'll be sure to give everyone an update. Until then I'll be slaying the crappies in Duluth, MN.

Yeah this is JP, I can't wait until next weekend...we're gona have a blast man. Who is this?

drove out on watab last wednesday , didn,t fish but there were about 15 houses out there. don,t know if anyone was catching fish . will go out this week and give it a try grandpa ray

Spent Fri and Sat on Watab. We caught a few pan fish on Friday, but they weren't jumping out of the hole. Caught a few pike too. One guy that was with did catch a walleye. No trout, and never saw one on the camera. Lots of ice and ice houses.

I was out there last week also. I had the same situation, there are way better lakes to fish right now. How many houses were out there? I didn't see many

Stopped by Watab on Sunday for an hour during midday slow point in hopes of snagging a trout or two. Caught nothing, saw some fish on flasher, most likely sunnies or possibly crappies. No takers. People driving everywhere on lake from what I saw. Lot of activity and I bet there were roughly 50-60 houses on the lake while I was out there.