Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimBuck2

House stolen off Washington?

7 posts in this topic

Was out on Washington last night and a guy told me a house was stolen off there in the last week. Not sure what day, but the guy said it was a home built house, not manufactured. For those that haven't put a hitch lock on, now would be a good time to do it.

TB2

Thats why I don't leave my house unattended out on washington at night. On christmas eve I had my house out on german and decided to go out for a couple of hrs and when I pulled into the access, there were 2 guys drilling out by my house. no big deal right?, but by the time I had my four wheeler unloaded they were looking into the windows on my house! At 2 oclock in the afternoon in plain view from the hwy and the access! Some people have big

ba!!$ . I'm just glad they decided not to come back once I left that night.

My buddy put false flooring in his shack to hide any thing he wants to leave in it. Plus he has a hiddin lock on the wheel drop. That I spent three hpurs looking for while fishing. It was a good idea. But he had his stolen of french 2 years ago. That was after it got broke into 5 times. Thats the reason why I've never bought a perm. You can't trust people.

in my thoughts what you take on the lake you take home that whey there you don't have to worry if your house is going to get broke into. That just sucks when that happens cause when you get out there and you want to fish and you have nothing. been there done that, and that why i fish out of a portabe. I have a little one growing up and i'm thinking really hard about buying a perm just to get him interrested in the sport but this is what scares me...

I was told that some houses got broke into off of the north landing friday night. I'm not sure how many, but if your house is out there you might want to check it.

Seems we go through this every year. Best way I found to keep a permanent safe is leave the curtains pulled open so a would be theif can see what is in your house with out the effort of breaking in. Next leave nothing of value in your house. If they see nothing they will generally do nothing.

My thief protection is no curtains, small windows and a dead bolt on the door. Leave nothing worth stealing.

Also, Neighborhood watch is the best medicine. If you see something fishy, drive over and check it out. If the felons know that the houses are being watched by the regulars the move on. My buddy saw a truck at night driving around to different houses, he hopped in his truck and bee lined it over. They saw him coming and jumped in their truck. He swung in behind them long enough to get a license plate number. Deputies found quite the haul in their truck and in the shed at one of their parents.