• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Picture report (you guessed it pics included)

Random guy

I can ramble on about Upper Red Lake and the potential it has as a world class fishery or I can show you pictures from the last week...ya know when the bite was dead. ;\)

This is Andrew other wise known as MR! Andrew. This young man was not handed a rod with a fish on the other end this guy fished hard for his catch and got what he deserved. Not only did he get some great Catch Photo and Release shots he had his fill of fish also.

This guy doesn't mess with little fish. cool.gif

dsc06447kl7.jpg

dsc06443qc1.jpg

The next couple of pics is a group of guys that even though all sorts of shenanigans went on in the shack they still payed attention to the conditions and their lines, they also had a great trip.

Nice batch of Crappies

pitzxr9.jpg

40"+ pike ( I think it was 42" or 43", can't remember but it was big either way)

dsc00721sc9.jpg

Nice thing about working on the lake is if you want fish for dinner just pull over with the auger and pick a few up on the way home.

tina14sp8.jpg

drivehomecrappiesnl7.jpg

See now wasn't that more fun then reading through all my spelling errors. \:\)

Looks like the fish are going well.

Nice fish Andrew. Looks like you have the game figured out on Red.

I swear i can not wait till next week so i can get into some of those fish you got there, I am getting sick of these little crappies and northern that i've been catching down where i live. Ill see you next friday.

Yes you will have a great time with Jonny P.!! When it comes to Red Lake, Jonny P. Kelly and Patsy will put you on fish. The Houses are clean and ready to fish, toilet duty is done every morning to keep the patrons happy, chairs, tables and stoves for cooking fish out on the lake. They have made every ice fishing trip for us sucessful for the last 4 years to Red Lake.

Mr Andrew has his game on that's for sure. Nice fish!!! So much for slow fishing, eh???

Thanks for posting those pictures Jon. I'll be seeing you/Kelly next Friday. I can't wait!!!!!

Mr. Andrew is my son and he did a great job!! It was our first trip to URL. We were there Jan 2nd to 4th and had a great time. The fish were biting light but they were there. We still caught 20 walleyes and the crappie in the picture. We also missed at least 20+ bites. Andrew actually had a better hook up percentage. He kept telling me I was pulling too hard when I tried to set the hook. \:\) Only one fish was caught jigging, but jigging 2-4 feet off the bottom often brought fish in and then they would bite on the set lines. There would be a stretch were they would ony bite on a plain hook and minnow and then there were times they would only bite on a jig and minnow. We always had at least one of each out at a time.

We caught plenty of eater size fish and some too big that were CPR'd. I forgot my fillet knife and called Kelly. Patsy was back an hour or so later with one of theirs to use. That way we were able to eat fish in the sleeper 3 times. Thanks a ton! It was a nice house on a good spot with friendly people. I would definitely use them again!! Only trouble we had was trying to keep up with Patsy when heading out to the house. ;\) She likes to drive fast!!

FishingPops

Fishingpops, I'm sensing a proud father moment. Good for you and Mr Andrew!!!!

Maybe you should listen to him and not set the hook so hard. grin.gif

Kelly, Jon, and Patsy are first class when it comes to getting you on fish.

The best part was the pike. 43 inch. I was there when they caught it. It was a VERY fast team effort to get the hook out, measure it, take two pictures and back into the water she went. They didn't even take the time to congratulate the guy that caught it until it was back into the water. cool.gif

Thanks for trying to snag out that wedding ring, and sorry we dropped that airplane jig of yours down the hole. I think when we come up next year we are going to have to bring our own roof rake pole. Did you try hooking them again? We couldnt really see it at all. Thanks again for a great trip and helping us out with trying to get his ring out.

I had the airplane jig up in a few seconds, no big deal.

As for the ring we dug around with a few "handmade tools" without luck. That ring was not coming back no matter what we tried. I never seen something so hard to retrieve and we have salvaged car keys, cell phones, small tackle boxes, rods, pagers, booze bottles and even a flasher. (yes a flasher will fit down a 10" hole and sink)

How did the misses take it? eek.gif

I havent heard from him since we got back. He was thinking about ordering one on the way home from the DU magazine. He probably just told her, thats his second one he has lost.