Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iowabrewcrew

Latest reports from Warroad?

4 posts in this topic

Heading to Warroad either this weekend or next- heading out of the marina with Bob's. Love to hear any reports with areas, depths and tackle. Thanks fellas

Springsteel now has a road plowed out to south tip and to five mile

I've been fishin the westend exclusively for 3 weeks or so now and the bite is at the least fair to midland good. Coupla days on the slow side..{see below}.. And a coupla way good banner days too. I moved off shoreline areas week and a half ago and had been on a reliable evening Wally bite on a shallow nearshore break.

These days on the more 'Perchy' multi-species areas I'm seeing an abundance of 10 to 12 inchers with a real Jumbo or 2 thrown in each day. Nice pails of Perch with some Wally and Saugs thrown in at the end of a day. I got 16 Perch over 10 inches the one day which included a 14 inch Jumbo, pile on your Walleye limit and a Sauger or 2 and you gots a darn nice bucket! Lots of sorting some days on account of abundant weeee Sauger school's coming thru making a nuisance of themselves by eating up ones bait!! Fished a Walleye spot Friday afternoon some 400-500 yards from that mixed bag spot and hoisted 35-40 fish, 10 maybe 12 or so woulda made good keepers 15+ biggest that day about 18, 1 nice Perch, and small 2 Saugs also showed up.

Busier weekend days are consistently the slower days outside of that major cold snap a bit back. Largest fish I've seen recently came off that multi species spot yesterday evening after a 'slower saturday'. Twas caught by a friend on a gold pimple.. Round 26'r or so thrown back.

I am not fishin near Bobs set-up but I would think they are on them up there too. I heard thru the rumor mill there is a good breaker out that way and folks are'nt able to get E via p/u so you may have very little truck traffic out there.

Goodluck and enjoy....fiskyknut

Hello fiskers,how far out is bob set up at?c63