Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
okstate

Diamond lake?

3 posts in this topic

i posted a question on the ice fishing board and someone recommended i post it over here.

does anyone fish the lake? i here a person can catch some walleyes there.

also the diamond lake i am asking about is the one on diamond lake road by ramsey and the dayton area.

just curious.

thanks

From the DNR 1993

The current fish population is dominated by black bullhead, carp, bluegill, and green sunfish. The bluegill population in Diamond lake is average compared to other lakes of the same classification. Their weight is considered slightly less than average. Over half of the bluegills measured were between 4 and 5.5 inches in length. Black bullheads were sampled in average numbers, and their weight was low. The population of green sunfish was slightly above average, as was their mean weight. Only one black crappie was captured during the survey. Hybrid sunfish and pumpkinseed sunfish were captured in low numbers. They were also found to have mean weights lighter than the average. Carp were sampled in relatively high numbers, and had a large mean weight of 2.6 pounds. Golden shiners were of average abundance and average weight.

1993? Most fish have lived there lifespan and died since then. I fished there 3 times last year b/c its close. pulled 2 eyes out one trip got skunked the other two times. I drove by there twice this week on my way to buffalo and only saw 3 people out there between the 4 times I passed the lake. They are pretty few and far between I would think. Last year there were always 20 vehicles showing up just before dark.