• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

EYEWARRIOR OR EYE RANGER?

KURT JUST BORED SO WAS WONDERING WHEN WE CAN TALK MODERATOR INTO SWITCHING YOU OVER TO EYERANGER?

WAS ON COUPLE OTHER WEB SITES AND NOTICED ANOTHER EYEWARRIOR

BEING YOU SWITCHED BOATS LETS GITTER DONE

AS YOU CAN TELL I AM EXTREMLY BORED

I tried to change screen names but for some reason they(admin) wouldn't let me. 1 screenname per email I guess.

I would stick with eyewarrior, it has a better ring to it. I'd rather be a warrior than a ranger in the battle against the Green lake walleyes anyway. I saw the new boat at the tournament last year, NICE! You have a T8 kicker on there if I remember right. How do you like that setup? Is that what you use primarily when you're backtrolling?

Fife

All backtrolling is done with 101# vector. The T8 is used only for open water forward trolling(plugs). T8 does not allow adequate handling to contour troll forward. I do drop the T8 down for drag to slow down the 150hp tiller. Forward trolling speed is approx 2.4mph w/0 T8 down 2.0mph with T8 in water. If I were to do it over again I dont think I'd have a gas kicker.

eyewarrior

BLACKJACK

I AM ALL FOR THAT IDEA

COUNTING DOWN DAYS TO OPEN WATER GO AT IT ALL THE TIME STEADY FISHING

WAITNG FOR BEST PRICE AND AVAILABILITY ON THE NEW LUND 20 FOOT GLASS WALLEYE AND IF WE CAN GET 250 HP MERCURY PRO MOTOR ON WALLEYE BOAT

HOPEFULLY CAN GET IT FROM TIM AT TIGERS

GET THIS SUMMER TO RECOUPERATE WORK ON FARMS TO CONSERVATION AND FISH FISH FISH

EVEN TALKED ONE OF MY DOCTORS AND SEVERAL NURSES INTO TRIPS

LETS GO OUT IN APRIL FOR SOME PANFISH SOMEWHERE

IM GOING NUTS BEING COUPED UP THIS PAST 4 AND HALF MONTHS,1 AND HALF TO GO AND I AM WALKING OUT OF THIS PLACE

Kurt do you lock in neutral or let prop run free on t-8 when using it for drag

If you put it in reverse it wont let prop turn but forward will let it go one direction???I assume You are just dragging it not running it '

Another smart question should auxillary tiller motor be mounted on port or starboard side to get best thrust for turning a fairly large boat such as your ranger???

I see some boats with small auxillary motors on wrong side as they thrust better on one side and i cant even remember which it is.

Being were picking your brain how much does a small wind sock slow you om a similar powered control drive??

I actually leave kicker in gear so prop doesn't spin. I have it mounted on port(left) side my 101 electric needs to be on starboard side to be able to use it effectivley. Way to long of a reach if elec was on other side. I have made a z shape handle that I put on the t8 when I am going to be trolling open water for any length of time. I dont mess with wind sock for trolling at all anything less than 2.0 mph I use my 101 bow mount. I also had a 24V minnkota bolted onto the cav plt on 150. It worked real well except big motor switch needs to be on in order to turn Yamy 150. Cav plt motor broke & sent into mfg for fix & I never put it back on. I'm sure this is way to much info but I had some time to kill before the next hockey game.

Eyewarrior

EYEWARRIOR

CALL ME

WANT TO GET A COUPLE OF SPONSORS ON LCA ENTRY BROCHURE IF THEIR IS ANY TIME LEFT

ALSO GONNA NEED SOME OF THOSE FOR HANDOUTS TO SOME INTERESTED FISHERMEN

PRIMETIME49

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.