Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
love 16

thanks fisky

6 posts in this topic

thanks for the great spot, I tried it last year in march 2 times and it didn't produce but this year it is unreal! I've been there 5 times and every time is great. thanks again

Bryan

Hey sorry Bryan for the late response eh! Back when the website was being funny I really had no patience for it and it would'nt let me look more often then not anyhow....Appears all is pretty slick now.

Glad to hear that spots panning out for you. I should wander over thatta way myself as January is about as good as it gets there. One of those 'so many spots so little time' kinda things eh!

You'd mentioned in your E wanting BIG fish and seeing you've been out there five times with good success being it's a good spot in my book to hunt them big girls... What have you seen show up big fish-wise so far? Years past I've had waaaay good fishing for big Sauger there too on that piece of structure.. Are they showing up there this year at all?

Hope the bite holds up for you and iffin you see me out there whip a snowball at me eh!!!

Regards....fiskyknut

Fisky could you shoot me an email. mjgrose@frontiernet.net

The biggest so far is a 23 incher but lots of 19.5-22's probably about 4 per day in that range. I set up just off the structure in about 26 fow and its been great. I have caught a few 17-18 inch saugers which is nice but I haven't got into very many saugers at all. We have had our walleye limit everytime there before 10 in the morning wether theres 2 or 6 guys all 15-19 inch fish WOW! I have 1 question on that spot would you be on the structure or on the edge where I'm at? Thanks alot

Bryan

Nope you're just fine there off of that edge.. Nice and close as the fish often wedge up along that one pretty good. I musta mentioned a bit of close by and related shallower structure to fish early and late? Has that bite off the rocks been petering afternoons? If so move up on that flatsie bit and give it a go. Way early morning too. Myself I'd have no problem sitting there a good hour+ past sunset.. Some nites even longer!!

Hmmmm where are all the good Saugers then? I'm not seeing much for numbers of them either to the west of where you've been?? Few pop up now and then is all? Wierd.

E me at fiskyknut at yahoo when you get a chance I wanna ask you about the traffic over thatta way. And I hope your kids are out fishin you!

Originally Posted By: mjgrose
Fisky could you shoot me an email. mjgrose@frontiernet.net

Yo mj did you get an email? I may have hit the wrong button maybe?

Too much time on water and many emails and middle aged melon memory malfunction!