Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Duckslayer

Electrical problem

6 posts in this topic

I hate electrical problems. I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy. Whenever I start my truck the flasher sounds like I have the signal lights on. It stops when I apply the brakes. The 4 ways and signals all work just fine. There is no dimming of the lights at all when the thing is flashing on it's own. There is nothing wrong at all except the dam flasher will not stop clicking. It seems to have started after I used the 4 ways yesterday. Anyone have any hints on where to start on that one? Thanks././jimbo

If I remember right it is the turn signal switch that is bad. There is something about it grounding a white wire from the flasher. Since the switch is in the neutral position the turn signals don't flash but since the wire is grounded the flasher thinks it is in either the right or left position or the four ways are on. It is a fairly common problem with the blasers/jimmy's!

Unfortunately Airjer is right Jimbo, it is the switch. I've had some success actually repairing them instead of replacing them on some other models that are similar, but never on the Jimmy yet. Its not gonna hurt anything to let it go a bit if it doesn't drive you nuts. But, if you decide to replace it, let me know before you buy one, I can possibly save you some bucks.

I have the wheel puller and such that I can do it but what do I need to be cautious of as far as the air bag? Would not want that to operate. Thanks for all your help.... I think... now I have MROE work to do! It is driving me nuts!././Jimbo

I don't think you have to remove the steering wheel. This is a combination switch which will include the high/low beam switch, Wiper functions, cruise control, as well as the turn signals. Once you remove the plastic covers there are a couple of screws that secure it to the column.

Cool, that should be easy then. Thanks for all the help! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo