Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrklean

Clearwater lake

16 posts in this topic

What is the ice like on clearwater? I think i might head out to the black hole that little bay, had luck there last year, any help would be great.

Just read BJS Bait report. 16 in.of Ice Thats all I can tell ya.

You can email them and find more out. bjsbait@lakedalelink.net

Sorry

Robbo

Where is there report at?

sitting on clearwater right now. 29 fow off from a 15 ft hump. been here since around 430. only thing going down is the beer. nothing going on here. ice is good here 14"

Ok. I need some help getting out on Clearwater.

1)- Are people driving out yet? How much ice?

2)- Can people drive out of the public access or is BJ's the only way?

3)- Where is BJ's? Does it cost to access the lake from there?

Thanks for any answers.

I don,t know about black hole, there is 12-16 inches on main lake. Just returned about half hour ago. Fishing was slow, fished off the 60fow in front of bj's.. Buddy caught a walleye in 58fow about 15inches, I caught 2 14inchers in 34fow. was expecting to go to a gps cord. from previous years, too many people out and I choose to fish more remotely from the crowds. Not a bad spot that we chose, just could not locate any type of shelf off this extremely sharp break, I like a staging shelf on a steep break. I guess should of expected the prime spots to be conjested on saturday. next weekend back to milacs, than I can fish a prime spot with out the crowd thank you lakemaster pro maps a dream come true!!!!

How do those lakemaster chips work for gps?

work excellent! I have the lowrance expedition color, the chip is a collection of 730 mn. lake maps that have been enhanced with gps mapping technology, also has 20 pro-level lakes that are mapped in 1 foot increments, the milacs is a dream. you are an icon on the color screen, so when you are on the lake you are looking at yourself moving along the contour of the lake be it a rock pile, sand bar, mud flat, shoreline break, ect. You know your exact location on that structure depth and all. no more reading a cord.off the map than leg working your way around trying to grasp exactly where the break is or a shelf or saddle. You can easily find the spot on the spot all the details so fun and a huge time saver, and confidince builder on that tiny pond.

what would something like this cost me?

mrklean, $400 well worth it. You also can get topo. maps in 1 foot increments for hunting. This set-up will give you all the tools to locate structure like the pros.

Bj's does charge for access at there landing- I am not sure if anybody is using the the public landings. To get to Bjs from Annandale- HWY 55 west to Nevens AVE (about 1 mile out of town) Head north and you will drive right by it. (about 2-3 miles north of HWY 55)

Thanks robbo.

what is BJ's charging for access?

BJ's fee is $4 per time or $40 for the season. There is full size trucks driving all over most of the lake. There are roads plowed going all the way to the narrows. I was on the other side of the island sat. 16 in of ice

I have the Lowrance Ifinder Pro with Lake Master chip. The GPS was $200 and the chip was $100. I had to buy the Lake of the Woods chip for another $100. I wish I would have bought the H2O for the water resistance but I love the GPS. The bigger lakes with the 1ft incroments usually are right on the money. The smaller lakes you get a real good idea but still have to dril and check depths to find exactly were you want to be.