Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swanny2

Sturgeon Lake ( just south of Moose Lake)

13 posts in this topic

Can't seem to find the Duluth area forum which is where I used to see limited reports on this lake. Wondering if anyone has anything to report on ice conditions, fishing, etc. In-laws have a place here and I'll be heading up shortly. Just looking for any information out there. . .

Can't help you with the lake, but the BWCA forum covers the duluth area too. I posted a question about sturgeon in both forums and only get responses from the duluth area.

Thanks JB. I'll give it a whirl.

Last time I was up there was before New Years. Lots of slush and snow. Nothing but small northerns.

Chasing tip-ups? Where, generally, did you try? When the sun is out it can make for a fun family day chasing flags. Just depends if we're looking for pickling fish or photo fish. What I'm really after is getting some direction on finding hardwater crappies. I can find them in a boat but as of yet have been unable in the winter. Any thoughts? My last report from a relative near there was about 3 houses on the lake. Also wondering if that's still the case and if foot is the mode of travel.

The lakes around Sturgeon Lake, Moose Lake etc aren't covered on the forums list. They aren't really East Central lakes, They're not really Duluth area or BWCA Lakes either. I've seen several posts asking for a Southern Carlton County/Northern Pine County forum but nobody has taken the bull by the horns yet and started one. I keep hoping, someday maybe.

I lived by Oak Lake,its a secluded area,not lots of lakes,and surrounded by none,just a pocket of lakes in a small area.I'd go to Mooselake the town and get asked where I was from tell them by Duquette and if they even knew where it was they'd reply Oh out in the sticks..I guess its Mns.backwoods hillbilly area!! At times while there I'd feel as though they were backwoods people.Most minnesotans hardly know of these lakes or the area,But I do look here for reports of Oaklake.And find the few that are posted.

I emailed Rick and asked about a separate forum and his response was there probably not enough traffic. I got to believe we would have more traffic then Missouri or the Connecticut board. Sparcebag I know how you feel. I get the same reaction when I tell them Holyoke.

Holy What?? cry.gifgrin.gifsick.gif

That reaction is one of the reasons I love living in Holyoke. Get it all the time when I tell people where I live.

is there any way of gettin on south side of sturgeon lake? have a few spot in my mind from summer that i want to tried.

Check out where the road turns at the lake by the Red Oak Inn. Sometimes there's access going out there. Otherwise you can get on off the road that follows the south shore a couple blocks west of Ray and Marges.

thanks! havin any lucks out there?