• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wolves Win #5

Scott M

Was at the game on Tuesday night, a buddy's corporate tickets. I'd have to fight Dick Enrico to get any closer. I guess I picked the right night. Wolves managed a win. It was a pretty ugly game, but it was fun to watch Riles pacing the sidelines and watch Wade score 25 without breaking a sweat. McCants was totally feeling it. He was talking to Ricky Davis and Mark Blount on the Heat bench all game and snarling at anybody that would listen. He's got a nice nasty streak that helps when the shots are falling and gets him frustrated when they weren't.

The Wolves will get their wins here and there. I don't think they will be setting any records for fewest wins in an 82 game season. I enjoy watching highlights of Beasley, Rose, or Mayo going off. One week from today I'll be watching Eric Gordon play against the Gophs. He's a handful. Those guys would all look good playing for the Wolves. Wish there was a James, Durant, or Oden in the 08 draft.

there horrible. I have never seen something like this in a long time for a MN team. I hope they can get things figured out, and find the problem.

I just think that KG was such a player and a teammate, that it was hard to play without him there as they will not win 12 games all year.

It's tough to see another young team like the Blazers win 18 out of 20 while the wolves are on pace to have a worse season than their expansion year. I like Foye, but Brandon Roy is sure looking good in Portland.

The wolves are full of average inexperienced players. I don't see any superstars emerging out of this group, just a bunch of average players except for maybe Big Al. Too much inconsistancy all around.

i just think it is sad that with a trade for garnett we got something like 17 guys either in draft or trades, and we cant put a team togather. i love garnett think he is one of the best and wish him nothing but luck. we werent doing anything to help him he needed another solid player to help him which we could not give. the wolves have alot to figure out by next season

Originally Posted By: Quickstrike
It's tough to see another young team like the Blazers win 18 out of 20 while the wolves are on pace to have a worse season than their expansion year. I like Foye, but Brandon Roy is sure looking good in Portland.

The wolves are full of average inexperienced players. I don't see any superstars emerging out of this group, just a bunch of average players except for maybe Big Al. Too much inconsistancy all around.

I gave Roy the benefit of the doubt last year cuz he got more minutes, and it's hard since Foye can't make any noise this year with his injury. Foye was making progress last year with some big shots and looked like he might be going somewhere. But year 2 is so crucial for players to take it to the next level....I feel like no matter what happens with Foye returns he's already been left in the dust by Roy.

I was so happy when the Wolves drafted Roy and then dissapointed when they traded him away considering we already had like 2-3 PGs. Oh well, that's McHale.

I like a few more players on the Wolves roster than Big Al. When you say you don't see any superstars besides Jefferson you are right, but they don't need 10 superstars. They need some good players and good role players. I like Smith off the bench, Telfair as a backup PG, I wish Green got some more time since he has so much potential. I think McCants can be a real spark plug if they use him right.

They are young but inconsistent. I hope the WOlves are following a semblance of a plan...I have a feeling the roster will look just as different next year as it does this year. Some of the old guys will leave, as will the expiring contracts.

Ryan Gomes went off tonight for 35 and the Wolves won #6. Marko was 2 assists shy of a triple double. Wow.

Every once in a while the Wolves will throw you for a suprise. Lets see if I can name all 6 of their wins.

New Orleans

Phoenix

Miami

Golden St.

I think they may have beaten Golden st. twice but am not sure and can't think of the other one. Wolves can go nowhere but up!!!

They have some good talent, some of these guys are fun to watch. Its just the outcome of the games is hard to swallow.

I went into this season thinking they would be pretty good, I have mudd all over my face for that one! I predicted a slow start, strong end of the season, just missing the playoffs. Well I was right about a couple things, they missed the playoffs, and they had a slow start!

Hey...Look out, 2 in a row. Only took them 41 games to get their first winning streak. On a different matter, Steve Nash is a god. So quick and under control. I can see why he is 2 time MVP. Who do the Wolves have next? That team better watch out! grin.gif

Is this what they call a win streak??

This is the 1st time since last February they won 2 in a row.

It was actually fun watching them last night

Big al was great.

can't wait for Foye to get back.

Heartbreaking loss last night to Boston, they had that game won.

T-Wolves youth showed in Brewer not getting the ball inbounds in time, if it wasnt for that they would of won. And having Garnett finshing the game off with a steal, what a way to stick it to MN.

Even though they lost it was a good game for this team, they had some rookie mistakes that cost them the game. These young guys sure look good, they just need a couple years and a good veteran on the team and we are back in the playoffs.

They have been playing better the past few weeks. Would of been nice to see the game last night, they came back to beat the Nets. Only 1 game from getting out of the celler.

I think Big Al will relieve the pain of not having KG. If he plays like he did last night more often, and I think he has the potential, he will be better for the Wolves then KG was the last few years. But that is just my opinion.

I think he will be better, He seems to be a much better inside presence under the hoop than KG was. I just hope management gets him the pieces around him that they never did with KG.

They had the Celts on the ropes and Denver before that on Jan. 19. Ever since then they have been playing hot!

I think Jefferson will only get better. He's so young. His mindset is perfect; he turned down the big money extension because he didn't think he was worth Dwight Howard money. He's going to be so hungry to improve that his game is going to become very refined.

Wuffies might be the hottest team in the league right now. Don't want them to get to hot so they don't get that #1 pick. Gomes also has been playing well. Wolves not looking to bad lately.

i know! 3 of 5. including a win to the suns and a should have won the boston game! i think this team can turn it around and win 25+..maybeee 30+ games(i like this core with or without #1 pick).. anyone else mad about how kg mouthed off during the game, and there were reports that after the game when he was poppin his celtics jersey he was sayin "thats what i'm talking about motherf-ers"...he still is my favorite player but i am losing a LOT of respect for him..and big al last night 40 pts!!!

In my opinion, KG was over rated! I think big Al will replace him and do a alot more then he did. With the talent we got from the trade, the Wolves will be much better off! They are just a few years and a couple pieces away!

Yep. This team will take time. Don't expect the Wolves to be close to a playoff spot for the next couple of years. Just a part of rebuilding.

Its great to see them get on a little hot streak here. The team is young and will be fun to watch mature in the upcoming years.

My $.02, KG is still the man

Like everyone else is saying, if anything every game they do win is close and very exciting. Even a lot of the losing efforts are close. TOO BAD they couldn't have beat the Celtics out there though. SO CLOSE!

KG was or still may be my favorite player, but I thought that little jersey thing he did was a smack in the face of the team he grew up with. Sure he wanted out and is playing on a team with at least a good chance at the NBA finals. And he deserves to get a ring there after playing on a mediocre Wolves team for several years now.

Oh well, the Wolves could provide something fun to watch when the Wild or Gophers aren't on anyways! \:D

I see Al Jefferson was the Western conference player of the week, he will have many more of those in a T-wolves jersey. I hope somehow he gets selected to the all-star game as a reserve, I think he deserves to be on the roster.

Jefferson will never be able to hold KG's Jock strap thats just plain NUTS to even believe that for a second.

Don't get me wrong I love Jeff but to try and compare defense, passing, desire and brain power to KG's is just RIDICULOUS to say the least!

That being said I still like the trade and it may work out for the better for us.

Jeff is an awesome low post player, defensively he is still TERRIBLE and probably always will be but if we put some talent around him we can be decent I think.

The Celtics loss was a tragedy I would have fired DA coach on DA spot!!!!!

25 or 30 wins is a pipe dream!

Yep, Jefferson is a good player but he's no all around player like KG. Al does have some nice games and could put up very respectable numbers but he isn't KG.

Getting 25 - 30 wins would be amazing and nearly impossible. The Wolves could get about 20 maybe. Beating the Celtics at home would be all I need this year!

I see Jason Kidd wants to be traded, if we could only get him to MN without giving up alot of talent. He would be a nice addition to this young team, as a leader.