Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaspernuts

Check out this Pike!

14 posts in this topic

IMG_1299.jpgIMG_1297.jpg

Didn't have my scale with me but I would guess its around 8 lbs. I went to set the hook and sliced my finger so I knew there was some weight there! Going back friday and sat to same lake and will have a follow up report! Fish was released.

Nice Pike.

I bet it was fun to pull up on a tip-up.

Sifty

Great color to that fish. Well done.

what lake were you on?

Hey Jasper!!! I think I mean i know that i know you. Do tires, oil changes and other crappy repairs mean anything to you!!! Nice to see you and nice fish also!!! Been looking for a few like that all year!!!

What's your first name tip-up? I've worked at a lot of crappy repair places!

Very nice fish Jaspernuts.

Garrett, or SKI you may remeber, it may have been your first crappy car joint, on Madison Ave.

Nice to hear from ya Garrett. What are ya up to these days? We will have to keep each other up to date on the hot bite!

Jaspernuts

Great looking fish, Would you believe I know where you are. Don't worry I go to Devils Lake for the Toothy slime. Great looking fish.

Nice fish. That lake you are on holds many many just like that and alot bigger too. Bet it was fun thru the ice! Good job.

Yeah - people are starting to discover what a great fishery this lake is. I have been one of very few people out there for the last 3 years and now there is more pressure this year. There is even a spearhouse out there. I hope he doesn't kill too many of these beauties!

Jason looks like you have all the hot spots. I have been trying to hunt down the pike all year with no luck but a few under 5lbs. I pretty much stay around Waseca as alot of my fishing is done by myself, but i could venture away from here if you are willing to give me a couple of ideas. I will however keep you posted if I do find a good spot or two. Anything for an old friend. By the way nice talking to you again!!

nice fish man, im sure that was a great time on the lake with this baby

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Cliff Wagenbach
      I have been using chubs and pike suckers all week with good results. 14 feet to 34 feet. Cliff
    • eyeguy 54
      100 yards south of access is 2 hour parking. no student there. no cars at all. 
    • smalljaw
      Went out yesterday in between honey dos.  First sunny day in several days.  Hooked up on a good sized bunch of brown fish in 5 FOW.  They were enjoying warmer water, 55F, on a chunk rock spot. Caught the females first with the largest around 4 lbs then a few smaller males came to the boat.  All caught on plastics.  Went back out late after the last chore to catch an eye for supper.  No luck on eyes but the pike enjoyed a few minnows.
    • Walleyeslayer25
      Good luck out there.  I'll try to make some time to stop over. 
    • Neutz68
      Oh sure.... I remember ya..    Birchwood is a nice place too..  I am sure we will be seeing ya this weekend. We will be sitting on the docks during the afternoon so if you see us out swing on over. I have a green Lund Rebel with a 50 Merc...   
    • Tom Sawyer
      The reason I asked @eyeguy 54 is during the day that ramp parking lot at Cathedral is always full of student parking. Can't understand how they get away with it. During the week prior to Governor's Opener we never had any issues during the weekdays, but now on school days, we just launch at Wilson Park. BTW, did you find any walleye on the down current sides of the sandbars in that stretch?
    • Walleyeslayer25
      We use to go there until a few years ago. Now we are right next store. I couldn't figured out how to get into my old account so I had to make a new one. My old screen name was deershooter.  
    • Neutz68
      Yep that's us... Cabin #2 and #3...  You part of the other group we chat with up there??    
    • Walleyeslayer25
      Thanks for the reply.  Have had much time for research this year. Do you usually stay at pine tree cove? 
    • Rick
      People who enjoy the North Shore and Lake Superior and want to help shape its future are encouraged to consider volunteering to serve on the Governor’s Council on Minnesota’s Lake Superior Coastal Program.  This is a citizen advisory group that sets grant funding priorities, reviews grant applications and recommends projects to receive funding through the Coastal Program. All funded projects benefit Minnesota’s coastal area. The 15-member council is made up of three representatives each for Carlton, Cook, Lake and St Louis counties and three at-large positions that can be filled statewide. There are ten available seats on the council. The council meets about five times per year at various North Shore locations. Council members receive travel reimbursement and serve 60 to 70 hours per year while fulfilling a two or three year term. All adult Minnesotans are eligible to serve. Anyone interested can apply online at the Minnesota Secretary of State website or download a paper application. For more information about the Coastal Program’s work and service area, see the program webpage. Questions about the Coastal Program and application process can be directed to Amber Westerbur, Coastal Program manager, at 218-834-1445 or amber.westerbur@state.mn.us. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.