• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WILD SOLD

ozzie

Time to spend some money and quit settling for middle of the pack playoff seeds. The expansion franchise excuse is long gone. I hate to see the Wild go the way of the Twins and stock pile all of this talent only to see it leave in intervals instead of never taking a chance and trading some talent for a big time "talent" and making a solid run.

I will take a serious stanly cup run every once in a while with some down years in between over consistently mediocre any day.

Wallmounter, How can the Wild spend more money, when they are already at the salary cap? It's just time for a coach that will open up the talent we have instead of playing grab AASSS hockey

vitalshot5, last I checked the Wild were nearly 4mil under the cap for this year. That is more than enough to go after a Rob Blake or someone like him at the trade deadline to give this team a little punch. Problem is, in order to do that the Wild would have to give up some young talent for a player that will probably only be with the team for the remainder of this year. The Twins have never done it and so far the Wild have never either. So we will go through the year, finish in the middle of the playoff pack and more than likely not make a real push in the playoffs. Then at the end of the year when Rolston, Dmitra, Bouchard and Voros are all free agents 2 out of the 4 will more than likely be gone with the other 2 getting large contracts and no more money to sign free agents to replace them, then we spend how many years trying to build back to where we are today. My point of this long rant is that THIS team has the talent to go far this year with a big addition or two. But more than likely we will remain status quo.

They have 3.42 million left for this year....your not gonna get a difference maker for that kind of money.....It's funny when old jacques let's them open up they can score 4-6 goals a game....but when they play someone good he makes them play conservative and the score 0-2 goals a game and lose.....Players won't help that......coaching will.

Sweet finish to tonights game! 5 goals and a shoutout win against Detoilet. Doesn't get much sweeter.

I like the new owner's opening line; "MN hockey fans, be assured that I am committed to winning a Stanley Cup". Shocker there?

It kind of reminded me of this spring when Tim Brewster said he was going to win the Big 10 and go to the Rose Bowl.

Originally Posted By: Team Otter
It kind of reminded me of this spring when Tim Brewster said he was going to win the Big 10 and go to the Rose Bowl.

Now that's funny \:D

Originally Posted By: Traxxx
Sweet finish to tonights game! 5 goals and a shoutout win against Detoilet. Doesn't get much sweeter.

\:D\:D\:D

Originally Posted By: wallmounter
vitalshot5, last I checked the Wild were nearly 4mil under the cap for this year. That is more than enough to go after a Rob Blake or someone like him at the trade deadline to give this team a little punch. Problem is, in order to do that the Wild would have to give up some young talent for a player that will probably only be with the team for the remainder of this year. The Twins have never done it and so far the Wild have never either. So we will go through the year, finish in the middle of the playoff pack and more than likely not make a real push in the playoffs. Then at the end of the year when Rolston, Dmitra, Bouchard and Voros are all free agents 2 out of the 4 will more than likely be gone with the other 2 getting large contracts and no more money to sign free agents to replace them, then we spend how many years trying to build back to where we are today. My point of this long rant is that THIS team has the talent to go far this year with a big addition or two. But more than likely we will remain status quo.

Well spoken. It would be nice to grab an offensive threat or two along with someone on the blue line for next year.

Originally Posted By: wallmounter
Then at the end of the year when Rolston, Dmitra, Bouchard and Voros are all free agents

Bouchard and Voros are restricted free agents so they will more than likely stay. I think they will re-sign Rolston and I think Demitra will be gone. Trading for top talent before the deadline sometimes doesn't put your team over the top. Look at last years trade deadline: The Islanders acquired Ryam Smyth from Edmonton for 2 players and a 1st round pick. Isles got bounced in the 1st round. Bertuzzi went from Florida to Detroit for 2 draft picks. Thrashers got Keith Tkachuk from the Blues for 2 1st roundrs and 2 more picks and a player. Bounced in the 1st round. Our new owner acquired Peter Forsberg for 2 picks and 2 players and didn't do much. The Stanley Cup Champs Anaheim made 3 minor deals for a 3rd tier defenseman and a couple checking line players. It doesn't pay to deal away picks and players for a guy that is going to be on your team for 2 months. If you are going to make a trade do it in the offseason so you have the whole year to work together. There will be changes next year for the Wild ondefense because they have 4 free agents(Carney, Schultz, Nummelin, and Hill) Foster is restricted. That leaves us with 3 defenseman under contract next year. (Burns, Skoula, and Johnsson)