Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeremy airjer W

**** LOST POSTS ****

13 posts in this topic

As you can see the site has been upgraded. The process is not complete and issues are being worked out as they are discovered. There was a problem with posts not showing up and the site was down for a day and a half to resolve this issue. Unfortunately all the posts made between the 5th and 8th where lost during the repair process. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Please feel free to repost any post that was lost during the repair.

So thats where they went. I thought they got lost in space?

Do you know any of the Novaks from Mt Iron Glen/Jim ? ole

AHHH the 5th to 8th lost posts!

Sun. night I did a post which included 10 images and commentary on each in bold and a sub story (one of the biggest/time consuming posts I have made in a while). I got to the last image and went to my picture hosting site screen and hit the back arrow and found I was still on FM screen. Need less to say, 45 minutes of work did not show up when I clicked forward on FM (did in the past). So I redid post and now its gone. I thought for minute it was my post that brought FM down grin.gif, because it was shortly after that the site shut down.

Ah well, what do you do. Its just good the site is back up and running and all info was not lost. Could one imagine if FM lost all previous post's and thread, screen names and personal info? Where would you start? I know with even a small web site, info is stored at time of upgrade, but it sure would suck.

That sucks shack but you're right, it would suck more to loose all the posts. Hopefully they got the bugs worked out and we'll be back to normal with more speed in no time.

Originally Posted By: ole

Who doesn't know the Novaks? grin.gif

For a site this big, you need a professional Enterprise database I just don't see MySQL working out.

Hope I'm wrong!

Also I hope the limited post we now see per page is a product of the lost post.

Pier!

Airjer, You ever been to Koppela's for the opener? Just curious since I'm Lynn's other half and been fishing and hunting with the gang in the past. Small world! ole

Agreed, this site is huge and only going to get bigger. Something to take into consideration for sure! ole

Originally Posted By: ole
So thats where they went. I thought they got lost in space?

I know Jim.

Do you know the Knuti's? That's my mom's side of the the family.

Yeah I know Rusty. I know the guys do a lot of 4-wheeling and sledding up at Jim's shack. Was going to go for New Years but backed out. Maybe next time

Rusty is my Uncle

..... it's a small world after all .... (ok I'll zip it now) ;\)

Dtro, Do you fish up on Vermillion much? Should try and drag them guys out. Jim's got the wheelers and i have the portable. Might be fun? ole Shoot me an E-mail

glenn_olson@yahoo.com