Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
duffy

ice cond. fishing report.

6 posts in this topic

Hi there everyone Iam from southcentral minn heading to dl for the weekend hope some one can help me out with ice conditions on big det. and how the bite is thanks. Also i will be on leek lake. thanks for the thoughts.

Leek/Trowbridge is a great lake for pan fish. They have a nice crappie population -- should be a fun trip. There is a mid-lake hole on the leek side -- should have a bunch of houses there -- that is where I would start. I do not know anything about current action or ice on that lake, but I'll bet F-Dog knows about Detroit.

Have fun and let us know how it was.

Hitman

There has been vehicle traffic on the south end, but as for the bite, it's been slow. Always wanted to try that Leek lake, but there's just so many lakes to try :o. I'll have to give it a try some time.

Leek --

never tried in in the winter -- i know I should. My cousin has -- had a good time.

Great crappies,. at time, in the summer.

Not monsters, but eaters.

Thanks for the advice, leek was ok took a long time to find fish caught some nice gills out from the two islands also nice northern action out from the resort, little detroit was also good found slab crappies in 13ft out from breezy and to the right were the rushes make and l shape. Thanks again.

Duff --

I front of the resort, eh? That is/was a very good walleye spot -- that is where I caught them quite a few years back. Surprised you didn't find any crappies.

Thanks for the report.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Crappie222
      Hey what's a good place to do some trout fishing around the cloquet area. I stopped at otter and tried today didn't even get a bite is it still to early?
    • Huntin&Fishin
      Nope. Was waiting for more responses. I checked the dnr netting scedule and varied it was not them.
    • Cobber
    • Rick
      Private landowners interested in learning more about managing their woodlands for habitat and income can attend a low-cost workshop and field tour from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 6, at the Cohasset Community Center at 3rd St. NW, Cohasset. The Itasca County Private Woodlands Committee is hosting the workshop with assistance from the Department of Natural Resources Cooperative Forest Management (CFM) program. The workshop aims to educate landowners about timber management and how to thoughtfully and purposely harvest trees to create better wildlife habitat and generate income from a timber sale. Woodland owners can also learn about options for enrolling in a tax incentive program to reduce property taxes. The day will begin indoors with a series of educational sessions about managing forests to benefit a variety of wildlife, working with a consulting forester to write a stewardship plan, the mechanics of a timber sale, and how to contract with a qualified logger. After lunch, participants will board busses for an afternoon tour of different sites to see first-hand the differences in unmanaged and managed timber, and previously cut timber in various stages of regeneration. “Our last workshop this winter in Palisade had over 100 attendees and we are anticipating strong interest in the Grand Rapids area, too,” said Grand Rapids area CFM Forester, Josh Donatell. “Over the last 20 years, there has been a decline in timber harvest from private lands. This program helps restore lost habitat on private land as well as promote a more stable supply of wood and fiber for the timber industry.” Pre-registration is required. The $20 cost includes lunch and field tours. Participants should dress appropriately for outdoor weather and wear sturdy shoes or boots. Anyone interested in attending or registering can contact Josh Donatell by email at josh.donatell@state.mn.us, or by phone at 218-328-8912. An agenda can be viewed online at www.dnr.state.mn.us/woodlands/workshop.html.   Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • SpearPike