• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

SCHOOL SECTION LAKE in washington county

i got lots of info about the lake!!! what u got to trade??? i can tell u some things on e mail but that it

i was out on this lake yesterday and caught two hundred 14 inch sunfish. it was sweet. id go to this lake for sure. one time i caught a 23 lb walleye too.

Originally Posted By: bwally
i was out on this lake yesterday and caught two hundred 14 inch sunfish. it was sweet. id go to this lake for sure. one time i caught a 23 lb walleye too.

I believe you.

seriously.

cause I caught a 24 lb walleye once out of there.

Originally Posted By: bwally
one time i caught a 23 lb walleye too.

23lbs You sure? You meant 23inch Walleye instead right?

the only 23 lb wally to ever come out of that lake was caught by

M Y . W I F E

MOOOOORGAAAAAN . F A I R C H I L D

yaaa . . . that's da ticket

I used to fish this lake all the time until some B-hole yelled at me claiming the lake was private! He also said that he would call the cops if he saw my truck parked out there again. The fishing is awesome, and i would love to get out there again without being hassled by owners. Where do you guys park and where do you go out from?

Right down from the school you use to beable to drive on the lake untill they dropped huge rocks there.. What you have to now is drive down past that spot and there is a road on the left hand side (Not Sure Name Of it), but you can drive on the lake down there. You have to go through the small channel to get back out on the big lake pulled a 14lbs northern last winter. Good Luck... Lots of hammer handles !!!!!!!! Good Luck

Originally Posted By: HookEmHard84
I used to fish this lake all the time until some B-hole yelled at me claiming the lake was private! He also said that he would call the cops if he saw my truck parked out there again. The fishing is awesome, and i would love to get out there again without being hassled by owners. Where do you guys park and where do you go out from?

They also added a barbed wire fence there now, according to the DNR they said that you could access it here due to the high water mark, but the city of HUGO has declaired it a no parking/loading zone due to the small road there. Kinda sucks but Eh ohwell ..anyone know of a house that they are selling in the area?

Originally Posted By: HookEmHard84

You can only fish this lake in the winter, unless in the summer you want to park on the nearest highway and walk really far. There is another lake/pond that is connected to it, in the winter it freezes and people park on that lake. Nothing illegal about parking on a lake, all water is public. You can either park on that lake, walk or use a sled or atv and reach north and south school section. I was there last weekend and decided to drive my vehicle through the bay and reach School Section. Ice was around 12-14 inches everywhere. There was a lot of 1/2 tons driving on top of the lake also. Good luck and stay safe.

Lots of small pike a Large mouth Bass and a crappie every now and again... Don't waste your time on this Lake

I don't understand why people say don't fish this lake. Some of my best winter crappies come out of there, plenty of nice size pick and even my largest bass since leaving Arizona a 22 inch largemouth last year. Try the southern section where the tree line is for some fun. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: superiorfishguy
how is the bite lately there???

I can't give you a recent report, as I haven't been there lately, but the Sunday I was there I got some sunnies and crappies. Most of them are your usually stunted metro crappies and sunnies. I caught a few keeper sized ones but all fish were released. That lake experiences winter kill almost every year, but it bounces back quick. I know it gets crazy pressure in the winter. If you want something for size there are better lakes around that area.