Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Badger_55

Headin up this friday

4 posts in this topic

hey guys headin north from the big town of cromwell. Anyways I always head out of Adrians. Any reports recently? I have a duramax, still lookin like I could taker out past Pine Island? Really pumped! First trip of the year up here, hope to snap into them. Any reports and info will be greatly appreciated.

Hey Badger,I was out of Adrians last week. Going back up next Thursday. We were 4.5 miles over Pine. About 34ft.got alot of nice fish.Bring a Vex. alot of eyes were 10 to 15ft off bottom.Good luck and give us a report?

Had two 4-person sleeper houses rented last weekend (Jan. 4-6) out of Zippel Bay Resort. We did real well in the 3 days. Totalled about 150 (walleye/sauger & 10 perch) between the two houses, including a 20-inch and 27 3/4-inch walleye both caught on rattle wheels on plain hooks & fatheads. We were woken up all 3 mornings around 7:45 a.m. to the sound of rattle wheels going off, and the bite would be hot for about an hour and then taper off. But we still had plenty of action throughout the day, and even were woken up a few times during the very early morning hours (2-3 a.m.) by the rattle wheels. The big walleye came at 10:15 p.m. on the last night of our stay. We caught a lot of dinky walleyes between 6-11 inches, but still caught plenty of keepers to go around (all 8 people went home with limits, and even had some to eat during our trip). Fished 22 feet, and they had our houses set up on the far out edge outside all of the other houses. Gold and pink/glow didn't let us down, jigging or deadsticking. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Had two 4-person sleeper houses rented last weekend (Jan. 4-6) out of Zippel Bay Resort. We did real well in the 3 days. Totalled about 150 (walleye/sauger & 10 perch) between the two houses, including a 20-inch and 27 3/4-inch walleye both caught on rattle wheels on plain hooks & fatheads. We were woken up all 3 mornings around 7:45 a.m. to the sound of rattle wheels going off, and the bite would be hot for about an hour and then taper off. But we still had plenty of action throughout the day, and even were woken up a few times during the very early morning hours (2-3 a.m.) by the rattle wheels. The big walleye came at 10:15 p.m. on the last night of our stay. We caught a lot of dinky walleyes between 6-11 inches, but still caught plenty of keepers to go around (all 8 people went home with limits, and even had some to eat during our trip). Fished 22 feet, and they had our houses set up on the far out edge outside all of the other houses. Gold and pink/glow didn't let us down, jigging or deadsticking. Hope this helps. Good luck!!