Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kywest

Giant sunnies on Lida

5 posts in this topic

Went out tonight on Lida and had one of the best nights of ice fishing I have ever had. Started off slow but around 3:45 things really picked up. I was fishing in 28 feet of water and caught close to 30 sunnies. All the sunnies were keepers. There was a twenty minute period where I could not let my line stay in the water more than ten or fifteen seconds with out pulling in a nice sunny. Got a lot of nice crappies too. The crappies didn't hit as often but the ones that did were all great size for eating. Missed three great walleyes that decided that once they got to withint two to three feet of the hole, it was a good idea to throw the hook. Stupid smart fish... All in all, it was a great night of fishing.

I've got my house on Lida; catching Sunnies up to 9.5 inches and crappies up to 13.75 inches. Lot's of nice fish in that lake. If you don't mind shooting me an email, I'd be interested in hearing more about the size of fish you were catching. One thing I like about Lida is the 11 inch minimum size limit on crappies. I'm thinking of moving southwest of where I'm at if it is drivable now.

Fisher, I have been driving for two weeks now. Just got to watch out for the slush spots. You must be out to the right ah.

Hey Fisher, I just emailed you at the email address in your signature. Hope I answered all your questions.

Kywest, I didn't get it; I just got a new computer so that may have been the issue. Feel free to call me instead if you'd like.