• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is it possible for a guy to get a house on the southern part of Goose lake? The only access on the map is on the north side. Can a guy get on there and drive under the bridge? Is the shoulder of the road shallow enough to just dive off the side of the road? Only been through there once and cant really remember what it looks like. Looking for some eyes, are there any in there or am I just wasting my time? grin.gif By the way its just a 4X8 perm on skids and I would pull it with my wheeler.

By southern part, I assume you mean the main lake. Yes, there is an access if you go over the bridge on your right hand side. As far as walleyes go, Goose can be pretty good for walleyes, but remember that there is a slot- 17". Target some of the humps by the deep water, and don't be afraid to stick it out at night. Goose is a clear lake, and the walleyes and crappies like nightime! Hope this helps

I assume your talking about the bridge between the north and south of goose? Drove through there today and I see a path off the shoulder where everyones been driving. Pretty steep for the permenent to come back up but I think it will be alright. Where does a guy park the truck there though? No parking sighns down both sides of the road there. Anybody catchin any out there?

Dozer

Did you go there at all this week. I was also curious where you could park. If you did go did you catch anything

Mark

Nope didnt make it yet. In florida this week on my honeymoon! Get back to Mn on sat so probly give it a try on Mon. Still havent figured out where to park to truck.

Everyone on goose must live on the lake or just not want to share there spot! Nobody knows where to park?

Dozer, if you drive over the bridge there should be a place just to your right...it is a small parking lot. However, you could probably park on the lake if you can find a good access point near the road there if you are not sure what I'm talking about.

Another option...I also go along the south end and just ask for permission to pull my portable through someones yard. You may have to ask a few people to get the okay. THere are a lot of old grouchy people that live on this lake.

I would have to agree that most people who are doing well on Goose or any other lesser-known lake will not share their secrets regardless of what is said on here.

Gave it a try tonite came off the road by the bridge and parked the truck down the road.Pulled the house out only to have the ice auger blow up before I got the first hole drilled. Well that was the end of that packed up and went home without even getting a line wet! mad.gif

dozer

Tough break I went out last week and decided not to walk out. I went to Ann instead. Is anybody driving on the lake yet? I wanted to fish the first point on the east side there was a house set up probably right on the 10' hump. I might try it on friday considering Ann has slowed down and Mille Lacs sucks.

mark

Probly 10 houses on whole lake. There where 2 out from that point but looked like they where up shallow spearing. Might be able to get an auger today and be out to try again tonite.

Originally Posted By: skunked_again
Dozer, if you drive over the bridge there should be a place just to your right...it is a small parking lot.

unless things have changed, you can no longer access the lake where you are thinking. the guy used to allow it, but winter of 06 the access was blocked off with boulders. i even got my a** chewed out by someone for parking on the road and walking across that little strip of land to access the lake.

Goose isn't that great of a lake. fished it all winter in '05, never found the crappies and only saw 3 legal walleyes caught.

Not only do they have a 17" minimum slot on walleyes, you are only allowed 5 crappies..

In my opinion, the trouble it takes to get onto goose isn't worth the effort. there are much better lakes around.

Interesting, I wonder when that happened. I do recall fishing the lake last year without a problem...maybe he decided enough was enough. However, Dozer, I would recommend asking permission from someone on the south side- there is better fishing close by on some of the humps. Google map it and you can see what I'm talking about.

As far as fishing, I have found it to be, at least historically, one of the better crappie lakes, but maybe that's just because I am used to catching 7-8 inchers on all the other area lakes.

Dozier

I was going to drive by the bridge and access the lake by the little strip of land. I didn't see any no trespasing signs up. I was going to turn around and park right before the driveway going up the hill. Maybe the lake isn't worth the hassel. If you do go let me know how you do, still thinking about friday. The lake interest me because of the lack of pressure it gets because everybody fishes Rush.

Mark

I didnt see any signs either, cant imagine it could be private owned its only 5' between the road and water. I parking lot everyone talkes about has a sign that says "$3 for parking" so Im just going to park a 1/4 mile down the road after the no parking signs. Only thing anybody can complain about is driving wheelers down the road. Cant imagine anybody would say anything because there is a wheeler the gets on the lake and heads to the south west everyday. Only way he can get there is to drive down the road too.