Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crappyman

What's working

11 posts in this topic

I'm psyched - only another week before I head up. I bought a couple of rattlin flyer spoons and also frostee glow jigs to use up there. Any suggestions on what else I should be bringing up to try? What about bait? I was going to bring waxies and some fatheads. Sounds like I'll need some shiners as well for walleyes. Last time I was up the minnows I bought were long skinny things.

Also, I have one buddy that is borrowing me his new Marcum and another buddy letting me use his Vexilar and camera. Can't wait to get up there. Keep the reports coming.

Where are you going out of? And what do you plan on targeting the most?

I'd reccommend buying just your ordinary fatheads. Try different combinations though, because I have heard of quite a few things that have worked on that lake this year.

Staying in one of Don and John's house out of Rogers. I have no idea where they will be located. I am bringing my wife and two kids 11 & 9 up and staying overnight. First time for them. They all got new ice fishing poles for Christmas. I want to be sure that they catch fish and have fun. Will be targeting mostly walleye since they seem to be what is biting the most. I wouldn't mind a mess of crappie and perch as well. I will have at least one tipup out as well.

Hope you and the family has a great time.. I'm sorry, but I don't have much of a report for you on Rogers. I was able to pick up the fact that their road is in great shape though.

Check out some of Jonny P's reports below.. He's got some in-depth details on how he's been catching crappies.

Will do. Thanks a bunch.

We did very well on pink glow jigs with a golden shiner a couple days ago. Good Luck

I have not been to Red yet this year but in past years I liked to use glow pink. Try jigging with a pink Genz worm.

Spent tues pm & wed am-pm up there. We caught alot of eyes on #6 orange hooks and smaller sized fatheads, targeting the craps. The bigger fatheads produced more slot fish. Jigging would bring them in for a look but plain hooks would seal the deal. We caught three norts, two came on jigging spoons. The pike seemed pretty willing to bite. We did better getting away from the crowd, during the day. Not much after dark, but we were a bit closer to the main road that I prefer. Green or red glow worked but nothing on the blue glow seemed to do it. Off road wasn't too bad, only got stuck twice. If you don't get stuck on Red your'e not trying hard enough. We were at the end of WW road

What about for the pike if i target them, frozen smelt and suckers? That is my plan but if anyone has any better ideas that would be great.

A. Shae

Leaving in about an hour for Red for a couple of days, any last minute tips on what's been working over the last 24 to 48 hrs. Thanks in advance for the info.!!!