Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jiggin pig

portage lake questions and or bowstring questions

11 posts in this topic

Looking for any info on Portage or Bowstring. Travel conditions and or ice conditions would be great. I am going to be up for a few days and looking to try some smaller lakes in that area. Any help would be great. thanks

jiggin pig- never fished Portage but it was the lake profiled in the outdoor news dated jan 4, 08. I did hear from more than one that bowstring has been slow.

jiggin pig, ive heard theres nice sunfish in portage. is that the portage that has 2-3 other littler lakes conected? i fish it once got a few nords. on another note i noticed you are from red wing, im going to be in red wing on jan 19 2008 for a meeting, any chance we could meet and bs a bit?

glenn57, portage is between Winni and Leech. Decent sized lake with Portage river flowing into Portage Bay on Leech. Mn DNR lake map shows promising numbers but where to start? ole

That was our exact thought. I am heading up there with the pig next weekend. This weekend I do believe he is up in that area fishing Winnie.

vikefan, im heading to red wing jan 19 if you see jiggin pig tell him to post something id kind of like to meet up with him and bs a little.

glenn57,The Pig is up fishing winnie as we speak.vikes fan and i are going to meet him on wed-sun. But I will tell him

thanks, i head to red wing once a month anyway we can hook up at a later time. he must have cushy job to be gone up to gods cuontry all week. good luck fishin.

I'm guessing he meant Portage that is in between Bowstring and Sand being he mentioned Bowstring, but not positive. I was on Bowstring Friday and we had four crappies between six of us. We went off the west access and buried our four wheelers in slush pulling trailers. Did manage to get through it but it was a little rough going. The north end looked better and there was one truck out on that end. Marked very few fish where we were. Good luck!!

I really wouldn't say coshy, I just save all my vacation and comp time for winter. Its sad, but this is when i like to waste it. By the way we will have to do that.

sounds good. i get to red wing the first tuesday of every month. i meet with thomas and betts over in hager city. we will keep in contact. you werent involved in that little fruckus sunday nite were you?