Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RoadRunner20

I need a couple opinions

8 posts in this topic

while i was fishing today I caught a 14.5" crappie :), i'm debating on getting it mounted, any suggestions??? and if so, what are some good places for getting a fish mounted in or around mankato!!! thanks

Thats a nice crappie. It would make a verry nice mount. I wish I would have mounted two I caught five years ago they where 14 1/4 and 14 1/2. I haven't caught anything over 12 inches scince. I would do it.

the guys that used to work at cabelas have a shop in medford cant remember the name off hand but they do an awesome job, i had a northern mounted there. (nice crappie)

Nice crappie!! A few years ago, a friend and I caught 6 in one day, all over 14 inches! He took them to Schaffer I believe his name is, in Madison Lake. He did an awesome job. He put them all on a piece of drift wood in a glass case. Jeff Holmin in rural Nicollet is another great taxidermist. crazy.gif

I would say, if you already brought it home, you should mount it. I have, let go a few walleyes and sunfish I wish I would have mounted. My goal this year is to get another mounter! It sounds like you have one, Do it!

Larry Reinbold has a shop near Lake George.

He has been in business for many years and does a excellent job on Fish and any size wild game. Stop by his shop and see his work in process. He has mounts on display and time to visit !

Find him in the Yellow Yellow pages under Taxidermy.

Nice crappie. That's a mounter!

I know a guy that does excellent work out of Lake crystal. If you need his number let me know.