Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pbowhunter

Superior Bay?

4 posts in this topic

What are they fishing for out infront of the bong memorial center? I am looking to do some crappie and walleye fishing in the Superior area and was thinking of trying the area. Also any tips would be much appreciated.

Eelpout and walleyes with a Northern or sturgion tossed in the mix. Its been very spotty to slow lately. With the crappy ice year(slush) its a easy pull and close to town. Lots of monkey see monkey do. Everyone sees everyone out there and thinks they must be spanking the fish so they join in. Be careful out there and stay away from the channel it will get broken open at least 1 more time I think. Cutting stops on the 15th I believe.

Regular walleye gear is all ya need.

well got out this morning infront of barkers island set up and fishing by 6:45 on the top of the drop off in 7 feet of water. Had a tip up set up deeper in 20 feet where the drop off slowed down a little. Didnt see much of anything so at 8 i moved out to the bottom of the dropoff in 27 feet and spotted only a few fish that showed no interest. I then moved west a ways and still had a hard time even spotting fish.

Anybody been out by the airport? How's the ice?