Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HOGEYE

Staying at Brandts this weekend?

17 posts in this topic

I'll be stayin in one of Brandt's sleepers this weekend. Does anyone have any reports from this area? Are the houses typically on rocks, gravel mud? Nice houses? I think that they are setting up 1 1/4 miles out right now.

Thanks.

His road is only out to 1 1/4 so most of the houses are there, I think it's mostly rocks and gravel. All the reports from 1 to 2 weeks ago were SLOW. Hopefully it's picked up since.

If you have a snowmobile I would bring it and try other spots too.

I am staying at brandts this weekend too. I wouldnt get your hopes up for some awesome fishing. I would be grateful for one or two during prime time expecially this year with not-so-good ice conditions I doubt there rentals are out on prime structure. A portable and a snowmobile would increase your odds of better fishing if you made a day trip to the mud or deeper gravel. The houses are fine, nothing great but not dumps either. I myself am going to bring plenty of beer to keep myself occupied.

HOGEYE and late night...I too will be staying at Brandts but not till the 19th. Please let me know how you do and if I should bring a portable with or not. Thanx in advance!

Ron

Thanks. I'll post results when I return.

I just checked Brandt's website - his road is only plowed for major vehicles to Mile & 1/4, but I'm sure he has trails out to sloppy's and other reefs.

I'd check Lundeen's website for the most recent reports on the south end.

Good Luck

Any news out of Brandts? I am heading up this weekend and need to know if I will be playing more poker than fishing...

From everything I have read, there are a lot of fish just no takers due to the volume of small perch. We do not have an atv or snowmobile so we may not be able to be all that mobile unless we can take the truck (if the ice allows)

Fished Brandt's over the weekend. House #34 was placed on a small 25' hump with gravel and rocks. Lots of small 4-5" perch swimming around. Caught a 24, 14 and lost a 14" walleye at the hole. All eyes bit within 10 minutes around 10:00 pm. One 10" perch in the morning. Houses were clean but very old with ancient heaters and staying VERY warm was not a problem. Had a good time and couple a couple fish. Bring rattle reels for the night bite.

Stayed at Brandts last weekend. No fish but I did get a big headache!

Thanx for the reports guys, I'll post how we do next week.

Ron

Me too. Just an fyi to everyone who is going through Brandts this weekend. The website says the road to Sloppy's is open so if you want to brave the elemnents you now have another option.

late night...you know the drill. big headache = carbon monoxide (or too much schnapps) whats your call?

Two of us fished out of Brandts Sat and Sun with no luck. The holes kept freezing over but the house was warm inside. Maybe next time.

Ron

Two packs of cigs + more beer than should be consumed by any human = headache!

Three of us did the same. 1 perch in two days of fishing. Saw plenty of fish, just no takers.

I would strongly recomend getting out to sloppys over mile and a quarter, we have put 4 weekends into that spot and have one walleye and 2 dozen 6 in. perch to show.We are moving our house out to sloppys on friday. Not that sloppys will be any better with all the forage for them right now,but i think deeper reefs are where there gonna be the most active.

I've spent 3 nights out at mile and a quater this season, and talked to a lot of people who have been out there and on sloppys. Always the same story, small perch, ocational big perch, seeing pike and walleyes on the cameras but no takers.

I wonder if we still have time for the fishing to "turn on" or or if the season is only down hill from here......