• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FM Metro GTG II...

You can drive out of Harty's, you can drive out of French. No problems at all. There are pretty beat down roads coming out of both those accesses. We had 16-18" of ice where we were fishing.

You should make it a point to come to one of the Get-Togethers. We're basically all out to help one another and have a good time. I've had two of these this year now in the Metro and we've had phenomenal fishing both times. We had twice as many people show up this time as last time and it was -15 this morning.

We would have had a good social hour and BBQ at lunch today but 'Dtro' forgot the grill. \:\(

Guess its about meeting people, putting faces to names online, maybe meeting new friends, and just having a good time.

I always say all skill levels are welcome and if you want to learn about plastics for crappies, downsizing for bluegills, electronics for ice fishing, or want to check out some great products on the market that I like, let me know.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hanson

• DTro

• Jeremy airjer W

• Sandmannd

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
By the way, where is the post for slabfest?

There isn't one yet but it'll be coming.

Thanks Hansen. And at some point, I WILL make one of the GTG's. They sound like too much fun, and I'm sure there's a TON I could learn from everyone. Although, without a grill, maybe this was the one to miss! ha ha ha. Just kidding.

This was definately a good lake for action today. I was on the deeper side of things and was pulling gills up in the 7-8" range...probably iced over 50.

Good time even though it was a little on the cold side grin.gif. It would have been better to be above zero so people would have been out of the houses more...but the fishin' was just to furious.

Supposedly Mcgurk has a pic of that big green slimy that came up my hole.

Look forward to the next one. North or East is fine, if the action is like today that's all you can ask for.

I also am sorry I missed out, but with the run i had going on my basment this weekend, I woke up @ 7:00a.m. and said to my self "keep going".

I will be at the "Cool Cats", come high or He11 water.

Sounds like good times.

Originally Posted By: dtro
 Originally Posted By: hanson

#3- Aanderud... your rods are still in my truck.

Still laughing at that one grin.gif

I may have forgot the grill, but that rod deal had to be the greatest display of short term memory loss I've ever witnessed.

Did he mention my rods before sturgeon excursion talk? That's my only potential excuse...too busy thinking about sturgeon to think about my rods.

That was a great day of fishing, even though too chilly outside to be very social. Just enough good sized pannies mixed in with the tiny guys to make it exciting, and we had 3 pike eat those huge new prague fatheads. Only iced one of em, and that was the last fish of the day for us.

Don’t worry, I may have laughed, but it didn’t compare to how I laughed as I was watching Hanson’s “favorite/ go to” lure, going down on his flasher……..unattached to a line grin.gif

I had a great time hanging out with everyone. Its always nice to see some old faces and meet new ones.

Airjer it was nice finally meeting you. Those JB charms worked great and so did your crappie spot. We picked up and moved out there and caught 6" crops hand over fist. We finally decided to pack up and leave before it got dark.

Its too bad it was too cold for standing around and [PoorWordUsage]'ing, but the fishing as great and the turnout was very surprising. I was glad to see some many people there.

Got the pic, Muleshack, and I'll post it as soon as imageshak cooperates with me. Thanks for the good time, and sorry I had to leave early. I should have done a little more socializing than I did, I suppose, but I'd be game for hitting another GTG. I'll post more when I get the pic up.

Originally Posted By: airjer
Who's they guy with the other salsa red tundra x-tra cab? I have met you twice now and for the life of me I cannot remember who you are? Sorry blush.gif

That was me with the other Salsa Tundra. After moving twice I finally got onto some fish. Caught over 30 sunnies, with 5 that were decent. I was having so much fun catching fish that I forgot about meeting up for lunch. Highlight was fighting a 3-5 lb. Northern all the way up to the hole. He snapped the line just as I was starting to grab him. I didn't mind loosing the fish after I got to see it but he took my favorite jig with him. Why is it that favorite jigs are usually one of a kind and when you look for them they are not available?

Any advice on landing larger fish thru the ice would be appreciated.

Theres not much you can do when you are using 2-3-4lbs test just take your time are try to keep the line away from the sharp edges of the hole or try to use a graf

Originally Posted By: FunFish
I was having so much fun catching fish that I forgot about meeting up for lunch.

Thats all right because somebody forgot the grill! whistle.gif

Maybe I'll run into you on the ST. Croix sometime. My brother in law is coming down next weekend (maybe). Thought I would head over that way to see what was happening.

Here's Muleshack's Bass, sorry about the poor quality, it was on a camera phone. An honest 4 lber. That dude fished like that for at least the first hour out of his shack! Talk about a diehard. My shack was up and heater was on almost immediately!

08icefish001dp0.jpg

Looks like you guys had fun, maybe one of these days I will actually stay there with you guys, a whole day. I got tired of the potato chip size crappies and took off around noon to some where else and I got skunked at the other lake. C-yalls and good luck.

That is a BIG ole green & slimy MuleShack! Very nice!

I was hoping to tangle with one all day but it was not in the cards. \:\(

For future photo opportunities, I always have my digital camera on me so track me down quick and I'll run out and snap some photos. I'll seriously drop everything to get out and get some quick pics before you release the fish.

I was thinking about trotting over there, but when the hole is icing over in 30 seconds, I didn't know what that would do to the fish in those sub zero conditions.

Hopefully i can repeat that performance at the next one \:D , then i'll give you a shout.