Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hanson

FM Metro GTG II...

107 posts in this topic

Since the first one went over so well... I would like to get another one going. Believe me, if you weren't there you missed out!...

I'm thinking either Jan 19 (Sat) or Jan 20 (Sun), lake yet to be determined but more than likely west Metro. I'm seriously thinking Medicine Lake as I know that lake the best of the west metro lakes, we can walk to the decent spots, and we will have lots of action for bluegills, crappies, perch, occasional bass, and should see some pike as well.

Anyone interested??

Lets do it up. I'll call perkins!!!

I am in if its a Sunday again. Just like last time, I won't make it to a 5:30 AM breakfast at a nearby Perkins with supposedly 25-35 people . grin.gif I would love to meet more fellow Fmers. C-yalls

Ah Medicine lake. That is always a fun body of water to hit for ice fishing. I am always drawn to the claw area for crappie, pike, eyes, and perch. That being said it is also great to learn other areas of the lake. I will try to make it to the Medicine GTG.

Well... called Perkins. We are all set for Sunday morning! LOL! Told them we have a group of 30 plus coming for breakfast! Uh Oh! grin.gif

I would be in for sunday. There is a kids-oriented GTG in the Lindstrom area on that sat. the 19th. Medicine would be awesome. I've only fished it in the summer despite living only 15min's away.

if i cant make it to breakfast about what time do you think youll meet up at the lake? would love to come out and learn a new lake and meet everyone. hope i can make it ill be in stillwater checkin ice on saturday to see if i can pull my sleeper out had 15" of ice before the warm spell hope it just melted the snow.

iceman

Sunday would work the best for myself but I would consider calling in sick to be there on saturday! crazy.gif

I will try my hardest (depending of the wife letting me have two days fishing) if you have it Sunday. Saturday is the kids fishing GTG up on N. Center and I don't wanna miss taking my daughter out for her first GTG.

I am out, I will be in southeast MN on a coyote run, and my wife's side of the family xmas gathering....because 5 days at our house wasn't enough

Alrighty... due to somewhat popular opinion, the FM Metro GTG II will happen on Medicine Lake, Sunday January 20, 2008.

We'll bump the meeting time back a little bit to... let's say... 8am. If anyone wants to do Breakfast, we can hit a Perkins again, we just won't call ahead this time! \:o Breakfast will be at 6:30am.

Meeting place will more than likely be French Park on the north side of Medicine Lake. There is a boat launch/lake access in French and you don't need a park permit or to pay to use the park during the winter.

There are a few popular areas within walking distance of French or I suppose we could all drive out as well.

Remember that Harty's Bait & Tackle is on the SE side of the lake if anyone needs bait.

I might make this one. A few BPCL friends and I fished out at my permanent Last sunday.

Chris- Sunday afternoon might work for me.... how late will the shindig last ?

Last Sunday on Prior we were out till 5, but the bite was very hot all day long. I'm sure if the bite are going, people will hang around.

count me in on sunday missed the last one mad.gif but will make it this time

Its like the 2 weekends I am out of town, you guys decide to do it. Sounds like fun, but I will likely miss it again.

10 minutes from the house....I'm in!

I fish Medicine in open water, so this will be fun!

Chris

I'm going to try to make this one too.

I should be able to make it out there.

I'm going to try and make this one. Should be fun.

I was also going to put the over/under number at 5 for the first GTG Perkins jaunt. \:\/ Would I 've been close?? \:\)

Originally Posted By: Duffman
I was also going to put the over/under number at 5 for the first GTG Perkins jaunt. \:\/ Would I 've been close?? \:\)

Before or after the waitress pissed off WWG? grin.gif

If it wasn't for the excellent service I would have walked out to. Going to try to make it to this one to. The weather looks to be very very cold that weekend hopefully does not shut the fish down would like a day like we had on sunday

I'd like to fish with you all again, but we have an archery shoot that day. Oh well, next time...

Well I been reading this forum forever and would like to meet you guys and maybe share some fishing secrets. Hoping to be able to make out there. I will be the short asian in the blue ice armor suit with the tan GMC Sierra.

Originally Posted By: AsianPro
Well I been reading this forum forever and would like to meet you guys and maybe share some fishing secrets. Hoping to be able to make out there. I will be the short asian in the blue ice armor suit with the tan GMC Sierra.

The more the merrier man!

I don't mind having get-togethers, showing people spots, teaching techniques, etc on "most" Metro area lakes as the fish are really abundant, eager, and for the most part... small. Really depends on the lake but most metro panfish lakes can pump out numbers and numbers of the same size "metro" panfish year after year after year.

If anyone is interested in learning a little more about metro panfishing, definitely show up. I've found if you can learn the finesse game in the metro, you can have a very fun day on the ice! We're definitely here to share, teach, and have fun. Don't be bashful. \:\)

Even if we don't catch fish, Perkins breakfast is sure to be memorable again. Hmmm... guess I have to figure out a Perkins to meet at now.

There is a Perkins near HWY 55 & Winnetka Ave (which is SE of the lake). Not sure if there is one off of Rockford Rd on the north side however... gonna have to do a little research.