Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STMA_I_HUNTER

Chisago Area Lake Help

13 posts in this topic

Hey, my son has a hockey tournament in Chisago Lakes this weekend and we have quite a bit of time between our games on Saturday and Sunday. I was wondering if anybody is willing to give a little info on maybe where I could get some kids out and find some fish to get them on? Just for some action, not keeping anything.

Never fished this area and have no idea of where to start.

Any info would be appreciated.

I would take them to the south end of Chisago Lake. From Hwy 8 head south on 24 to County Rd 83. Hang a left and go about a half mile, maybe less, until you see the lake on your left. You can park on the road(if there is room) and access the lake from there.

I would agree on chisago lake as well. You can walk out and get a pretty steady panfish bite.

If you choose Chisago Here are some directions from the Arena.

From the Arena: Take a left out of Arena, Go Right on Olinda Trail for about 2 miles. Take a Right onto 83 (after gradual right hand curve). Proceed about 2 miles where you will see Chisago to your right. Find a spot to park and enjoy the fishing.

Great, thanks guy's.

Looking at a map that looks to be a pretty shallow part of the lake, any general areas to try?

Most of the lake maps I've seen are incorrect. It gets about 10 to 12 feet deep. I would go out beyond the first set/group of portables you come to. You don't have to go out as far as the perms that are out there, but somewhere in between. All you'll need is some waxies or spikes.

What are the perms set up in for depth?

Good place to get some bait between Wyoming and Chisago?

Thanks again for the help guy's

frankies is on hwy 8 in chisago and mikes bait on hwy 8 in forest lake after coming off 35

Mike's Bait is on Hwy 8 just after you come off the interstate next to the Holiday. Frankie's Bait is on the northeast corner of Hwy 8 and County Rd 24.

I think the deepest water in that south bay is about 12 feet. There may be some deeper water out a little further around the eagle's nest.

I like to use Frankies. They'll always point you out to the hot spots.

STMA- did you and your son make it out to Chisago today?

Yes, we got out Saturday for about 4 hours and had an absolute blast. We caught tons of sunfish, not much for size but we were just there to catch, not keep.

I appreciate the help you guy's gave me......he's ready to go again.

I was out there myself until about 1:30ish. The sunfish bite is always good just not much for size. Glad to hear you and your son had fun.

I was out there in a green otter pulled by a 2 up Polaris. We sat in one spot and had plenty of action the entire time.

They were biting light and sight fishing sure helped.