Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
delta hunter

Any reports out of Appeldoorns?

delta hunter

Any reports coming out of Appeldoorns lately? Looking at renting a house in a couple of weeks. Just wondering what all going on. The main thing I'm wondering is how far the roads go out to! Just trying to figure somethings out.

tunrevir

bump

Tunrevir~

Paul Waldowski

The bite has been a tough one for the last week. It finally started to pick up yesterday with some nice perch being taken out of the deeper water off of Doe Island Reef and 2 Mile Gravel.

The Walleye bite started to pick up yesterday evening and then again early this a.m.

Here are a couple of photos from a Paul Bosch

Bosch1.JPG

Bosch2.JPG

delta hunter

Thanks for the report!!!

Chauncey

Nice pics! I'm a long time reader of FM and finally decided it was time to create a profile for myself. I love the reports and and story sharing that appear on this site. I'm looking forward to an outing through Appledoorn's on the 25-27th lets hope the bite is on!

cribbageboy

Good luck to ya. Me and some buddies will be at Dickies that same weekend. Hope there is enough fish for both of us.

delta hunter

My dad and I have a 6hole house rented for the weekend of the 25-27. Nice to here the fish I getting a little more active but that is still a couple of weeks away yet! I just check the forcast for that weekend and it looks like it is going to pretty cold that week and weekend. Hopefully the weather stays a little consistant to keep the fish active!

Harv

I also have a house rented the 25-27th of Jan. I'm getting more excited reading the reports that the fish have started to pick up a little bit!!

vrodharley77

Yeah that is good news, myself and some friends also have a 8 hole deluxe rented that weekend I think its #13 stop on by and have a beer my names Joe

delta hunter

Sounds like a FM get-together weekend or something of that nature!!!! \:D

vrodharley77

Yeah it does, plenty of beverages and a more than enough BS

tipup

Just got back from Appleldorns, To say the least no fish for us. Not a hit either night in the house and a few small perch during the day. Went around during the day Sat and saw lots of fish on the camera, but not takers. Talked to Paul on my way out this morning and said it has been slow and that a few houses have had some luck. Hope it turns on for you guys as your trip comes near. Report back and let us know.

chrismackmn

Hey Paul,

How is the ice up there? Are all the houses out there now and if so, how far out? I have the new big one reserved in a few weeks, will it be out?

With the cold coming in, it should really thicken things up.

SWMuskeye

We were up this weekend. Things were slow, we managed a few small perch during the day but had to work for them. Others in our group did catch jumbos, just not very many. The largest couple of perch caught were 12". There were also a few eyes caught, ranging from 20"-26". Nothing under 20 to my knowledge.

We even saw a few eyes on the camera, unfortunately for us the perch hatch had them less than interested and were well fed.

Guys who left the main houses and moved to deeper structures in their portables around 26-30' did have a great time on jumbos, but they stayed mobile and didn't just hole up in the shacks.

The hospitality of Appledoorns was top notch, we'll be back, thanks Paul.

Paul Waldowski

Chris,

We have had all of our houses out since 12/26. The big one is sitting out on a small rock pile a mile out from the resort.

Chauncey

The report doesn't look very promising right now, it has to get better going forward, right?? Any chance of navigating a wheeler off of the plowed roads? How is the slush?

chrismackmn

Hey Paul,

are people driving on the ice with cars? Do you plan on moving anything in the next few weeks?

tipup

I was up over the weekend and put over 30 miles on my ATV, a few slush pockets but nothing 4WD could not get me threw. It was all getting pretty hard as far as I could see. Saw all types of vehicals on the lake!

Chauncey

Thanks tipup! I figured that the pond would be solid after this cold front.

CDubya

I hope I am not a noobie for asking this, but where exactly is appledoorns? Is Sunset bay resort also Appledoorns? And Sunset bay is in isle right? Yellow outdoor sign?

mille lacs muskie bum

Appeldoorns is six miles north of isle, just south of where 18 and 47 meet.

Powerstroke

Appeldoorns IS sunset bay resort. They do have a yellow sign o nthe west side of 47 just north of Isle.

CDubya

ok I do know where that is. I was just making sure. So that is right next to Wahkon pretty much. We are going out of Walleye Dundee's. \:\( Haven't had any luck on the eyes, only perch.

Anyone else on the lake in Dundee's or jj's area having any luck?

AceintheHole

I have been going to walleye dundees for years now and have always had good fishin. Brad always trys to keep u onthe fish.

delta hunter

Its nice to get this cold weather to harden everything up, but sounds like if suppose to be a little warmer by the weekend of the 25-27. Which will be nice for moving around during the day time!