Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Great White Bear

Clear Lake - Waseca

2 posts in this topic

Anyone have any news on Clear Lake up in Waseca? How much ice? Anything biting? I am planning on bringing my two boys out tomorrow and would like to put them on some fish.

Thanks in advance...

crappies bite more towards night 7pm day time is hit or miss, mark tons of fish all day long, just cant get them to bite. good luck. 15inches of ice is on the lake

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• SkunkedAgain
      I've been going to the Landing regularly for the past 10+ years. I think that ownership has changed due to bad management more than anything. When Jack bought the place again, it was hopping because he gave everyone what they wanted...a fun place with good value. That was only four or five years ago. That in itself proves that the cost of entry doesn't preclude reasonable prices. I've had one interaction with the new owners, or more specifically one of them. He was extremely nice and help me out when I was in a bind. I'll still go there for a beer or two but in general don't frequent fancy places because I save my money for other things in life.   I think why people complain is because it is the only option on the west end of the lake. There are off-lake options like the Crescent but it's not on the water. With The Landing it's like someone took something away from the lake. I believe that is the emotion that is being tapped. If there were three on-lake options on the west end of the lake and one went fancy, then probably no problem. That's my take.   One would hope that local economics would guide decisions at such a place. If the majority of customers want X, you provide X. The new owners have been providing Y for a while now and don't seem to mind if that hits them in the wallet. That's their choice and I'm fine with it. I just won't eat there often if at all because it's not what I want when on the lake.
    • kelly-p
      From what I understand the walleye population is still a little high for the long term health of the Red Lakes.   A perfect example of that is that Buddy just got across that pressure ridge Sunday so Hillman's road is just now getting to their normal fishing areas. Awesome pictures once a cop. I'm getting old but I can remember when if there were 10 of us fishing on Center Bar it was too crowded.   Since those pictures were taken both Hillman's and Beacons have extended out another 2 miles.
    • onceacop
      1/15/17
    • curt quesnell
      I dont think you will have trouble. Just be careful. There are a million trucks driving all over the place now
    • Chill62
      Big Pine as of 1/15 had 16" of ice on the north side.  Only drilled 5 holes and all were around 16" according to my ice scoop.  Just placed fish house out there for the nephew and called it good.  Sorry no fishing report.