• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What did you catch today?

fishermann222

Ok boys here is the thread. I just got back from running my small fox line this year and i got three more. something about taking pics of fox in snares that are frozen to a tree just does not appeal to me, so i am not doing much with the camera this year, yet anyway.

I also snared a rabbit that was eaten by a lynx when it was in the snare. I found at least 3 different sets of lynx tracks today that i am going to get set tomorrow, of course when i find lynx tracks i don't have my lynx traps or snares along.

I pulled my beaver line yesterday. Caught one more really nice sized, dark fully prime beaver. Started some bait piles out in the woods, getting ready to snare some fox and coyotes.

caught a few more fox yesterday on the line. the bummer part was the lynx came back and did not hit my sets. Maybe when it warms up.

Well Boys i am glad to see that we got this page back up and running for anouther season i hope all is well with every one here is a recap i have caught 5 coon, 1 was last week,a grey and a bobcat.. thing started to get slow my pa who i taught how to trap caught his first coon and Red fox it the last week and a yote about a month ago... i was excited although a bit jealous since i had never caught a red before and had not yet caught a yote this year... i have school and start at 6 it is an hour drive and i dont have time to check in the morn so i have to wait until after which i dont like doing i got home today and ate something and i fell asleep only to wake when it was dark i went out to the farm to run the line when i got these

>

>

This is the best one day catch i have ever got my first red AND i got TWO!!! and i caught a yote for the cherry on top!!!

3 beautiful looking pelts there, that coyote looks like a heavy coat

yeah he was a heavy one i am very happy with the hides on them

any one else with any luck

XHC did you catch those last three critters yesterday? What type of set were you using?

i caught them all on snares yeah i caught them on wed or tuesday i think the nothin the next day but two days later i got anouther yote ten feet from the last one

>

here is my past weeks catch

>

and my student isnt doing to bad either in the last two weeks this is his catch

>

>

i am very proud of him and i think i am not doin to bad since he has done as well as he has

I am FINALLY going to get out to check tonight. If you want to read about the weather we have been having and what the river was like, go to the anchorage daily news and under the sports section look up the "kuskoswim 300" I was on the trail marking crew for the race, we sank 12 snowmachines, luckily not mine.

Going to be a good weekend though, below 0 and got 1.5 feet of snow yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

well i gotout to do some night calling and hunting for some yotes and fox and came out very happy i brought a kid who never had gone out for varmits and i and an amature at it yet but we went out the first spot called in two yotes after 15 min of calling but they winded us and took off we moved to the other side of the pasture for better wind and with in 25 min i had a nice red fox come in and i swatted her at 20 yards got out warmed up and took a drive came back and set up in a pasture across the road from where we were hunting at with in there min of calling had a yote comin in hot my bud took a shot missed i tried to back up but maybe a hit?? he was movin slow though looked for blood today no luck but three spots 4 critters and one kill my first red i ever shot checked the line today and got another coon

>

>

Both beautiful critters if i say so myself

Snared a coon today. Was after coyotes, but i take what i get, only have 6 out in one narrow spot that the coyotes are moving through.

• 2 weeks later...

man i think my well has run dry i figure a few more days and i am gonna pull everything i got

• 2 weeks later...

caught another red in a snare good way to end the season... i pulled my line today as well i might do some spring beaver i got an in with the rice creek district for some govt trapping the water ways we will see how that goes

caught another red in a snare good way to end the season... i pulled my line today as well i might do some spring beaver i got an in with the rice creek district for some govt trapping the water ways we will see how that goes