Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huey

Great Outddors?

14 posts in this topic

Do you carry Slender spoons?

I'd like to get some and I always stop at your store to get minnows anyways when I get to Ely.

Huey

No Sir, we do not carry them. frown.gif

We are however, making a spoon/jig that may interest you. ooo.gif

We have been testing the action in our tanks, and they look good. smirk.gif

JustinG was in the shop yesterday and both he and I will be field testing one next weekend in Burntside. cool.gif

I'll be making another style tomorrow if I can find out where the heck I left one of the components. confused.gif

Quote:

JustinG was in the shop yesterday and both he and I will be field testing one next weekend in Burntside.
cool.gif

And no doubt working together to make up lies so it sounds like you're the next Lindy Tackle Co. in the making. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Steve,

You saw it in action in the shop today. cool.gif

In fact, every time I turned my back, you were trying to steal it. mad.gif

Have you no shame, Man??? tongue.gif

PS-How did you do fishing today???

Huey, good to see you. Custom Jigs & Spins makes the Slender spoons. If you can't find any stop by the Bash, I should have one I can part with.

Jim what time are you gonna be open Saturday morning?

I'll be there about 5 am.

Hey GreatOutdoors can I get my 4wheeler around on burntside this weekend we will be in sat moring for bait. Pete Zebich will be with.

From the reports I'm getting, the 4 wheeler may not work.

I'm taking a test spin 7:30 in the morning with a snow machine and will let you know what I encounter.

One person found a lot of slush and 4 inches of ice on Burntside yesterday, so the fables of 10-12 inches of ice all over are just that, fables.

Another had fished Found lake off the Moose chain, same thing, 4 inches of ice and lottsa slush.

Jim, anyone who says there's 10-12 inches of ice ALL OVER Bside is, as you say, telling tales. But nor is the four inches of ice and lots of slush a universal Bside ice report, either.

I'll be testing out my tuned-up auger off Van Vac sometime tomorrow and will give an updated report just for that area.

There was 8-10 inches of strong ice in all the spots on Van Vac Bay I drilled just before we got that big Christmas dump of snow, and we'll see if it's been cold enough since the recent three-day melt to tighten up the wet snow/slush.

The sheltered bays that froze early and took lots and lots of snow just plain suck when it comes to ice/slush conditions, while many of the more open areas were better off.

But this weekend will tell. I'll not only be fishing. I'll be tooling around looking at different ice conditions, as I'm sure will be JustinG, G.O. and a bunch of other folks.

More Bside ice reports to come! grin.gif

Thanks, ST. I appreciate the info and offer. I found some smaller Slender Spoons in town here. Tried them on a stocked rainbow trout lake this morning. Looked good in the water but didn't hook anything. Nothing else did either so I can't complain.

6 more days and I get to spend a 3 day wknd fishing Burntside!

Huey

Great Outdoors, was wondering if by chance you are attending the Bash this year. My father inlaw, Don Sandstrom, say's he knows you well. If not, I will make sure to stop by either this winter or summer for certain to introduce myself. My son and I will be at the Bash. Hope to see you there. BC

Big Country,

Donny stops in the store quite often in the summer, haven't seen him since, maybe late September?????? How's he doing?

I'll be at the store the day of the Bash. Will try to shut down by 1 or 2, then run home, grab the snowmobile, then zoom over to Bash HQ for some PR work and a few beers.

Very cool. Hope to share a few with you. Don's doing great. He ocassionally goes to the cabin in the winter. My son, buddy from the cities, and myself will be staying at his place on Clear Lake for the Bash weekend. I helped him move some stuff the other day and mentioned you on this site. He said hello. Hopefully we will see you there. I will ask Mr. Foss to point you out to me. I have visited your place in the summer, so I might recognize you anyway. See ya at the Bash. BC