Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weasel069

Knife lake catch

8 posts in this topic

I caught this toothy critter while crappy fishing on knife lake saturday the 29th. 38" 15 lb on 4 lb line. I was hopping for a nice walleye at the end of my line but when I got the first look at him down my hole I really got excited cuz this is my largest slimer Ive ever gotten!!!

[image]Northerndec2907.jpg[/image]

Nice fish. You did let her go? Anything else biting? Anyone driving out? We are heading up Sunday.

did it have a wally diver down it's throat? I lost 2 last fall on decent northerns. nice fish.

weasel: nice gator especially on 4# line. From the backdrop in your picture I would say you are standing out in front of my cabin. Perhaps see you there soon. Bill

Bill, better be careful dangling your toes in the water off your dock! The 24"-36" release slot on northerns is starting to pay off. I've noticed the average size has increased.

If you're on the ice this weekend Bill swing over for a report.

Dave

WaveyDavey: You got that right on the Norts, nice to see those big girls around. Not sure if I'm going up this weekend headed to LOW on Tuesday so have some things to do prior to the trip. Sounds like some cooler weather headed in, should firm things up again real nice.

Was on Mille Lacs last weekend, finally got the perm out, not where we want to be but at least its on the ice.

How's the hand? Was the last surgery a success? Also how did you do on your Sept LOW trip, haven't talked to you since then. Bill

If you want to shoot any info my way use my email wjt917@live.com

Bill, I'll fill you in on things next time I see you rather than hijack this post. Was on Knife this past weekend. Ice conditions have improved greatly. Slush is now frozen solid making travel and set up a lot easier. 13" of ice where I was. Normally I would fish the contest on the 19th but the deep freeze heading our way may keep me away this year. Dave

Wavey: I was hoping to be up there next weekend as well. A coouple of son in laws want to fish, but Arctic air may not be to their liking. Headed to LOW in apprx 1 hour, hopefulling I'll have tendinitis when I get back. Talk soon. Bill