Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TDOT

Walleye Bite?

6 posts in this topic

Heading out to Mille Lacs for my first time ever this weekend. Wondering how the Bite has been so far? Have they been taking Dead sticks or Jigging?

i've been up there a couple times already and from everything we found they were definately hitting on the jigs more than the dead sticks. Everything we caught you really had to work for them

I caught a few on dead sticks last weekend.

what do you mean by dead sticks

Deadsticks are rods with a very soft tip to detect bites. The tips are usually painted orange. You use them with live bait with or without a bobber.

Thorne Bros. makes some awesome deadstick rods. Contact Lonnie, or Scott in the rod shop.

Orange tip, soft tip, bobber, no bobber it doesn't really matter. Deadsticking is putting your line down and NOT touching it, jigging it or anything, while you use your other rod to jig with. Theory is, a fish will come in to see what's happening and if he wants an easier target, he'll more than likely take the "dead stick" since it isn't moving.

You can use any rod for this.