Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rather_B_Fishing

Ice Thickness on Ann Lake?

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how thick the ice is on Ann Lake (just north of Ogilvie on Hwy 47)? Has there been any trucks or cars driving on it yet? Thanks.

I am not sure on the thickness, as I have never fished it, but I am wondering how people fish the lake. It seems from looking at the maps that there is a pretty decent break out a ways from shore that goes from 5-14 feet in a hurry. Do people generally set up on the break or is it more of a roaming school lake?

As of Sun the 30th 10-12 inches. there was alot of spots of really bad slush. when I was out there was a pickup, also a minivan that got stuck. I was fishing not far from the dirt landing off of hwy47 so I dont know whats going on at the other end of the lake.

Mark

This lake is very tough to fish IMO. The water is very dirty when I have fished and the are a couple creeks that flow through and the Ann River also flows through there. I did catch a couple walleyes but nothing worth bragging about on that break early ice but it has slowed since.

Biff,

Is it any easier to fish during open water, my dad lives in Ogilvie and we have been wanting to hit that lake in the boat. Now that my buddy has the H2Oc with the lakemaster chip, we just may have to with 1' contours.

Have not fished during open water. I hear there are some bull sunfish in there if you can find them. I here big sunnies and some walleye action buy have yet to find them.