Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BreakTheBank

Any lures better than others

4 posts in this topic

It seems the best luck or the most hit line in my fishhouse has been a gamagatsu red hook and a shiner. I have had alot of eyes hitting but the ones that have 80% have hit the plain hook. No takers on the spoons or the swedish pimps.

Just wondering if anyone has had more luck with anything else?

On Mille Lacs I like an orange Northland Eye Dropper with the treble hook. I also like the buckshot rattle spoon from northland. I like orange and green for colors, but I hear gold can be deadly as well.

Here is the tip of the century. Fish what you are confident in. If you are changing lures all the time, then you will not be in the water able to catch fish. You can get all the suggestions in the world on this website, but if you don't trust the suggestion or don't know how to use a specific lure properly you will not have success. If you are catching the numbers of fish that you expect, then don't change. If you like to experiment and learn to use a multitude of techniques you may be ready when fishing gets really tough. Just my thoughts.

My favorite lure to jig is a perch colored jiggin rap. I think it is the second smallest they make. I usually tip it with a minnow head or just eyeballs on the bottom treble. This lure will catch small and large eyes.

Quote:

My favorite lure to jig is a perch colored jiggin rap. I think it is the second smallest they make. I usually tip it with a minnow head or just eyeballs on the bottom treble. This lure will catch small and large eyes.

I'll second that