Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ron Burgundy

Heater?

6 posts in this topic

Would the small Mr Heater be good enough for the Eastman 4 man Ice Cube? My sportcat didn't even take the edge off the cold. I had to have windows open for the fumes.

I would go with the Big Buddy, or a sunflower type heater. The smaller heaters wont keep up when its cold and windy.

Quote:

I would go with the Big Buddy, or a sunflower type heater. The smaller heaters wont keep up when its cold and windy.

Concur, you can always turn a big heater down but you can only turn a small heater up so far on those super cold and windy days! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

How are the fumes from the small cooker/heater? Will it get bad in a 4 person shack?

As long as you the sunflower is burning efficiently the fumes will be fine. Remember you won't smell CO though. Anything that burns is going to give off some CO. Keep ventilation for combustion, and fresh air to circulate.

got to go with the big buddy...i got the propane tank adapter kit also, works like a champ

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Wanderer
      Considering how old a laker has to be before reaching reproductive maturity, a slot may help.  The only thing I'd worry about there is having to put a bleeder back down the hole because it wasn't legal.  Then if a person wanted to keep their limit, that would just mean a wasted fish should they be able to get two more.   When I first started laker fishing, catching and keeping "my two" was a given if I were to have that good of a day.  Then it changed to releasing pretty much everything over the mid - 20 inch range unless it bled.  Now 1 fish in the 24 inch range would be my perfect weekend limit if I could choose.   When a person gets introduced to these addictive ghosts, it's tough to put em back.  There's a lot of excitement and pride in earning such a prized fish.  And I really enjoy eating them.  But in the case of Burntside, I would support a 1 fish limit, no slot.
    • Horseshoe_Don
      I decided to go watch them pull it out.   Never seen that before.   While they are working on pulling it out, another car is driving at them down the riverbed.   The officer has to run over and shoe them away.   The DNR might need to close that to traffic since there are a lot of dumb people.   Don
    • JerkinLips
      Great article; very educational.  Thanks for sharing.  I would be interested to know if having a slot limit on lake trout would help populations like it has with walleyes.  If so, why hasn't the DNR implemented it yet?
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Mr. B, Welcome to FM! June is almost always a good tome to fish for bass on the shorelines! Plenty of good bass country on the whole lake too! I do not fish for bass much but there are plenty of people on this site that do so you should get some good info.! Cliff
    • Ref
      Evergreen Lodge  -  Big Sand Lake  -  Park Rapids   Clearest water and greatest sand beach in the area!   http://www.evergreenlodgemn.com/index.php