Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1tofish

What's the Word From 12 Mile?

9 posts in this topic

With the nice weather in our future,

I was thinking on venturing out with

the portables.

Anybody been to 12 Mile lately? Any large

cracks to contend with? Many houses out

there? How was the fishing?

I've been only fishing Zipple so far, we've

been catching fish, but need a little change

of scenery. Thanks for any info....

Later,

I have'nt been out there but a friend of mine was out there in an Arnesons hut last week and he said they plain slayed the nice Walters out there.

Looking from Babblers road there is quite the shantytown out there. If your going by sled/atv you should'nt have a problem.. Could'nt tell you if folks are making it there via p/u though?

fiskyknut

Thanks Norm,

hey fiskyknut do you know how much ice is on the river by clemtson? and do they ever drive out?

Man oh man 2 winters now I've wanted to fish some fall spots around Clementson on the early ice and have'nt?? So many spots/fish so little time eh!

Check Clementson resorts website for the day by day scoop over thatta way. Last report I saw they were saying like 10-12 inches with some bad spots here and there.

Dutchman Doug may chime in with a conditions report for you too, he's just a coupla miles downstream from Clementson.

Winters past I've seen vehicles on the ice all over the river. This year with the current and funny ice it's a bit different! I know folks are driving on the river around the airport but I dunno if I would!

fiskyknut

Im tryn to decide which of 16 or 12 mile, has anyone heard which has been better, headen out 2mrw. Heard its been pretty decent at both spots, ow and if u knw the depths, i heard just off the edge of the piles in about 26-28 ft. Thanx

thanks fiskyknut i get there in the fall too but never in the winter and thought maybe it would be worth checking out but i didnt know about driving on.

We are really mixing forums here but not too much activity on the river forum lately. If interested go to the Rainy River forum. I'll post the little bit I know.

We were in an Arnesen hut out there for 2 days on 12/29 and 12/30. First day in 25 FOW only managed to keep 7 but all nice eating walleyes. Second day switched to a house in 30 FOW and did much better keeping 14 mix of Sauger and Walleye. Probably should have done better, but not everybody in the house (4 guys) were gettin into the fish, glad I was into them, a blast. Small gold jig-a-bit and fatty got most, got a few on a Gold Angel Eye, but seemed like bobbers did better.