Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James_R_Ayres

Found Equipment on Otter Tail Lake

12 posts in this topic

Coming off in the dark, I found a large, dark colored bag of fishing equipment. If you lost it, call me at (218)736-4952. All you need to do is describe the bag, when you lost it, where you lost it and what's in the bag. I just want the proper owner to claim it and receive his equipment back.

If you are reading this and have a friend that fishes Otter Tail Lake a lot and drives a 4-wheeler, make sure you share this message with him/her.

Sincerely,

Jim Ayres

Fergus Falls, MN

Jim,

You're a good man for posting your find. It will find the right person on this site.

How's the fishing been on ottertail? I have yet to get out, but I'm hoping to do so this weekend.

J. Lieser

It's nice to have honest people on the ice... I left my auger and lantern at the access on Norway one year and never seen it again.. or heard of anyone finding it...and my dad also lost his fishing rod bag on west battle last winter too..with his rods in it..no one reported that missing .... so that nice thing to do Jim you should get rewarded!!

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the comeback. I hope that my message gets to the proper owner of this equipment. I hope everyone who fishes Otter Tail Lake checks with their buddies to inform them about my finding. I don't know what or where else to advertise this so the owner of this equipment contacts me. If you have more ideas, let me know.

Thanks, Jake.

Jimbo

Hi Tacklebox7FF,

I am hopeful that folks like yourself tell everyone you know about my findings. The more folks that spread the word, the better the opportunity that the owner of this equipment will hear about it and give me a call. Please continue to help me spread the word. All I want is to put a smile back on the owners face!

Thanks for the nice comments - I'm sure you would do the same thing. It's nice to have fishing "brothers" out there with the same set of values!

Jim Ayres

Fergus Falls

As previously said, your a good guy to try to find the owner. smile.gif

Jim the next time you or anybody else from the office goes out to OT, hang up a found poster by the access. The owner or a friend of his/her might be going back out to fish again. Just a thought.

Jim, it's good to know there are honest people out there like yourself. Thanks.

I don't know if it would help, but maybe let the sheriff's dept know of your findings?

Was it a Glacier Bay Rod bag with rods, gaf, misc. was it?

DL

Reward: Lost a Glacier Bay rod bag with rods, gaff & misc. Call 218-770-5656

Found this in the midweek from Fergus - Sounds like it could be the guy that lost what you've found.

That is awesome that you are doing this. A lot of slobs would've just called it their new equipment.

Hi Woody,

I've had no luck finding the rightful owner so will let everyone know it was a:

Croxton Ice Bag - 8/ice combo with fish finder case!

I found it walking off the ice from game farm hump on New Year's Eve day.

If anyone knows of somebody that is grousing about losing their ice fishing equipment, have them call me at (218)736-4952. I did also report it to the Sheriff's Department but they haven't, apparently, had any lost reports filed with them either.

I can't believe whomever lost this isn't trying harder to find it - I've been hawking the Fergus Falls paper and the midweek for the lost columns but still no luck.

OT is so travled by distant travelers,If no one finds it is missing, maybe they have too much stuff!!