Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tippman

Cool Cats 2008

21 posts in this topic

There is a thread started about this in the FM Gatherings forum with more info and map but this is another place it belongs.

On Saturday March 1st there will be an FM gathering on Horsehoe lake fishing for catfish. Last year it was cancelled because of all the snow but hopefully this year will work out. There seems to be alot of new people on this St. Cloud forum now so would be nice to see some of you out there.

I'll be there like other years. It's a fun event with a good turn out. A great opportunity to meet fellow FMer's.

How is the cat bight this winter? Not much talk about it this year??? The chain has been pretty iffy ice this year i think

I'm planning on heading out to horseshoe on tuesday. Any info on the ice conditions you guys could give me would be much appreciated. I've only accessed the lake from the south side and was wondering how the conditions from the north side lot are.

My 10 yr old daughter has been asking about the cool cats get together since August. We're definitely planning on attending again this year.

Myself and a buddy are planning on going this year, cant wait!

Moosedrool I saw vehicles all over Horseshoe two weeks ago already. That being said you still have to be careful on that lake, I wouldn't venture far off the main driving areas if you don't know the lake. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Tippmann,

my plan was derailed this morning. Need to get some carpet put in downstairs and they have an opening tomorrow morn. I should have found a slacker installer cry.gif. What a kick in the shorts.

Thanks for the info though.

Thanks Tippman for adding this over here.

Look forward to seeing you all up there!

Here is the link for all the up to date info:

Cool Cats 2008

So who all from the St. Cloud area will be attending Cool Cats this year?? I'll be there early in the morning, looking forward to meeting many of you.

I'll be there.

Ill be there!

I might be there......

I'll be there with my wife and daughters. Eskimo QF3 with a polaris anchor attached.

I will be there, but i have a few questions. I am going to be coming by myself and have never fished the lake and was wondering if there is a road plowed out there or a definate path that i would be able to follow.

I'm planning on attending as well. Hopefully be on ice around 7:30, I'll be going by myself. See you all out there!

Can a car make it out there and park w/o getting stuck?

Hoppe there is usually a pretty beaten path off the winter access.

Yes, there is a path out to the meth hole. If you are driving south from Richmond on hwy 22, you will see the gathering on your right side as you cross over the bridge.

Between the path and the map provided in the Fm Get-togethers thread you shouldn't have any problem finding it. When I was out there the other day a car would have no trouble getting around off the trail.

OK thank you for the info

Thanks Tippman

Thanks ,Tippman. My plans to go there today fell through.I am debating whether to bring the atv, or not.That bit of info. does help to decide.

go to the cool cat forum for info on the access condition and local bait