Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Vex_Man

Mink and Somers

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anybody ever fishes Mink and Somers lake NE of Maple Lake? If so what have you used to catch eyes since you cant have any live minnows on the lake? Any info would be of great help.

I was there on Xmas day, and fished most of the day on Somers.I was looking for panfish, and at the same time, checking ice depth.The bite was really tough,but I did manage a couple of small bluegill and a largemouth bass.Ice was 11 in. plus across all of Somers, and I drilled a couple of holes on Mink, finding the same ice thickness.I only fished for a couple of hours, and wasn't really looking for walleyes.I fished these lakes in the winter about 5 years ago, and did ok.It seems like the fishing pressure of the last few years may have taken a toll on these lakes.Both lakes have massive amounts of particulates in the water, so using the aqua vu was pretty much a waste of time.If I was targeting walleyes on the next trip there, I would go on Mink, fishing the deeper water areas.