• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FM Members get together at Camp Manitou on Manitou Lake for Winter Lake Trout

We are having a FM members get together at Camp Manitou (1 hr. north of I. Falls) on the weekends of Feb. 23rd and March 8th. We will be fishing mainly lake trout on Lower Manitou Lake, Dogfly Lake, and Mister Lake.

The resort is located 1/2 way between dryden and fort frances, ont. It is a summer island resort, located 6 miles from our winter parking lot, so you will need a snowmobile or 4 wheeler to get to the camp and out fishing. Transportation can be arranged if needed.

You can arrive on either thursday or friday and depart on either sunday or monday, you can stay as long as you want.

We can only take 18 people at a time so pick out which weekend works for you and call us to get on the reservation list, we are booking on a first come first serve basis.

If you have any questions, call the number below, e-mail, or reply to this post.

See you on the ice,

Matt

HI M.K.,

THAT WOULD BE FUN, SHOOT ME A E-MAIL & TELL ME HOW MUCH PER PERSON PER NIGHT SO I CAN TELL THEM HOW MUCH IT WILL BE. THANKS. [email protected]

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

fishmiester...I'd sure like to see you Rainy lake mods throw something together over on your pond some winter. I'm over in Roseau so it's be a hopp skip and a jump for me to get over thatta way.

Be a good excuse to drag my bucket off of the LOTW ice and expand my horizons a bit, LOL. I have'nt been on Rainy since prefishing for that TA a coupla years back.

Sumtin ti think about anyhows.

fiskyknut

HI FISKYKNUT,

I ENJOY READING YOUR POSTS ON THE LOW SITE, ONE OF THOSE WITH GOOD HONEST INFO.

YES, WE COULD PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER. AS OF RIGHT NOW, EVERYTHING IS STILL 4 WHEELERS OR SLEDS AS OUR ICE IS NOT SAFE FOR VEHICLES. BEING A MUCH DIFFERENT FISHERY THEN LOW, WE HAVE 1,500 ISLANDS, LOTS OF CURRENT, SO OUR ICE TAKES LONGER THEN LOW TO GET DRIVABLE., SO MAYBE YOU WERE THINKING SLEDS, OR WERE YOU THINKING BY VEHICLE., AND WERE THINKING OF A DAY TRIP OR A OVERNIGHTER., ALSO MAYBE YOU WANT TO DO A LITTLE TRADEOFF, YOU SHOW ME LOW (I HAVE FISHED IT ALOT, BUT NOT WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS LIKE THEIR BACKYARD), THEN I WILL SHOW YOU RAINY.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

• 3 weeks later...

Whats the word up around the Manitou? Anyone venture out last week? I'm planning a trip in a few weeks....